London is looking lovely this year and here are a few of my holiday favourites:
- Skate Ice Rink at Somerset with a glorious tree decorated and sponsored by Fortnum & Mason. its its signature blue & wicker, it really is delightful. The skate rink is much fun, and pumps out a fabulous DJ set as you skate. Visited as part of my teams night out and we had much fun.
- Carnaby Christmas Street party - a fabulously kitsch, glitter-ball pink star-scape. what's not to love about that at Christmas.
- Sometimes the simple styling is as effective as the overblown glitter and this is demonstrated perfectly with the blue lit tree at the Houses of parliament in the shadows of Big Ben.
- The Damian Hirst tree outside the Connaught Hotel in the heart of Mayfair.
- This year the strand has decorated its street with blue baubles and stars and it looks lovely, a welcome surprise when I went to the theatre last week.
- South Molton Street (alongside Bond street station) arches, are a annual favourite and look gorgeous looking down onto Oxford street.
- Rudolph on his sleigh, complete with red nose sits proud at the top of Covent garden and is a huge favourite with the children.
- Regent streets clock parts (sponsered by a big watch maker) have lights and images beamed onto them as they are strung across the street.
- The silver and gold lit orbs across Oxford street are my daily view as I walk to and from work and really seem to fit this years themes of space and stars.
I will be sharing some more favourites from Covent Garden over the holiday period.
10. Another festive favourite and becoming a bit of a regular feature for T is the beautifully decadent Claridges. This year my Christmas treat was a cheeky breakfast before work, where I got to explore a little of the Christmas delights of this hotel... pop back after Christmas and I will share more!
The rest of the week is a complete whirl of activities, wrapping and present delivering, I hope to pop back before the big day with some more festive fun.
have a lovely week x