I had some a wonderful time this year in the city that doesn't sleep and will be sharing my adventures well into the New Year as there are lots!
1. Rockefeller Christmas Tree - THE christmas tree of the City, I cant tell you what that little sparkle of excitement feels like when you catch the first glimpse of its sparkling wonder from 5th avenue. Flanked by harking angels it is just beautiful.
2. Rockefeller Drummers and Pipers, staged around the Rockefeller centre during the holiday season are huge drummers and pipers which guard the area.
3. Saks - 5th avenue - every year Saks host a magical music and light show onto their 5th avenue façade, this year the magic and wonder of The Winter Palace came to life.
5. Hotel canopy's are festooned with christmas decorations and kitsch in glorious splendour.
6. The Woolman Rink opens in Central Park, bathed in glorious winter sunshine this is a magical place to people watch, drink hot chocolate and eat hot dogs!
7. 5th avenue comes alive with holiday shoppers, and store facades come alive... the bejewelled Tiffany;s sparkling with twinkling diamonds in its windows.
8. Tiffany blue boxes are always magical, but look even more special on the christmas trees that become the signature look for this special store on 5th.
10. Macy's may own the Miracle, but my absolute favourite Santa this year was the one at The Plaza. so jolly and so much fun...
11. Love the simplicity of holiday decorating in NY and nowhere does it better than the brownstones in the Greenwich Village areas.... just gorgeous.
12. Even the Firehouses decorate for the holidays... one of my favourites being Engine co 10 at the World Trade Centre, complete with festooned fire truck.
As you can see NY looked exceptionally magical this year and could spend hours blogging about it, but with Christmas 12 days away I really need to get organised!... have a lovely day and hope that your holiday plans are happy and a little bit more organised than mine!