Monday, 6 June 2016

Breakfast at The Connaught

Over the last year I have shared some of my favourite breakfast stops within London and last Friday I stopped for breakfast in a venue that has been on my "Breakfast & Brunches" list. Fridays breakfast stop was at The Connaught - sister hotel to Claridges and The Berkeley and part of the Maybourne hotel group.
The Connaught sits in St Carlos place a short walk from Bond Street in the heart of Mayfair. Its a beautiful hotel steeped in old school classic glamour. Breakfast is served in the ESpelette which overlooks Tadao Ando's Silent water feature which is a calm tranquil pool offering haven to a family of ducks in the corner of the Mayfair village.
The revolving doors that you enter via lead you into a dark wood lobby, complete with sweeping staircase and a fireplace. The Maybourne group are renowned for their stunning floral displays within their hotel (here's a recent trip to The Berkeley) This weeks floral displays were glorious puffs of hydrangeas and peonies, perfect for the start of June...
Even the bathroom had its own hydrangea display along with a vanity units filled with delicious Dior treats.
I was seated alongside the window which offered a view of the square and I watched the world wake-up.
I opted for the full English which is a healthy option for me on Slimming world and thoroughly enjoyed it all.
The food was delicious and the service and ambience was impeccable. I loved my Friday fry-up treat in lovely surroundings.
The Connaught is a gorgeous hotel and I will definitely go back for another visit.... thank-you Connaught for making me feel welcome and special.

No comments:

Monday, 6 June 2016

Breakfast at The Connaught

Over the last year I have shared some of my favourite breakfast stops within London and last Friday I stopped for breakfast in a venue that has been on my "Breakfast & Brunches" list. Fridays breakfast stop was at The Connaught - sister hotel to Claridges and The Berkeley and part of the Maybourne hotel group.
The Connaught sits in St Carlos place a short walk from Bond Street in the heart of Mayfair. Its a beautiful hotel steeped in old school classic glamour. Breakfast is served in the ESpelette which overlooks Tadao Ando's Silent water feature which is a calm tranquil pool offering haven to a family of ducks in the corner of the Mayfair village.
The revolving doors that you enter via lead you into a dark wood lobby, complete with sweeping staircase and a fireplace. The Maybourne group are renowned for their stunning floral displays within their hotel (here's a recent trip to The Berkeley) This weeks floral displays were glorious puffs of hydrangeas and peonies, perfect for the start of June...
Even the bathroom had its own hydrangea display along with a vanity units filled with delicious Dior treats.
I was seated alongside the window which offered a view of the square and I watched the world wake-up.
I opted for the full English which is a healthy option for me on Slimming world and thoroughly enjoyed it all.
The food was delicious and the service and ambience was impeccable. I loved my Friday fry-up treat in lovely surroundings.
The Connaught is a gorgeous hotel and I will definitely go back for another visit.... thank-you Connaught for making me feel welcome and special.

No comments: