Sunday, 3 September 2017

Goodbye Summer .... Hello Autumn!

Yes after a summer hiatus I am back!, I had so many good intentions to blog over the last few weeks but life and work have kept me busy. I am hoping with the nights drawing in a little more I will get back into some semblance of a routine and get back to blogging more. I know that lots of people have moved on from writing blogs, but its still something that I like to do, however I am no longer going to get stressed if I miss a few posts!

  So life has been busy since I returned from holiday. I've celebrated birthday's, anniversaries, including M & I's 1st year "friendversary" and spent some lovely days out and about in the city.

We have played the tourist a lot over the summer months visiting Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace, and picnic'd in St James Park. We have walked lots and dined in The Savoy and the recently opened The Ivy at Tower Bridge along with burgers and BBQ at Byron and Bodeans. I'm not sure how I've managed to stay within target but I am hanging on.
Birthday treats included lunch with Bestie as we share the same birthday week so always try to do something together. With her job relocating to Chelmsford I joined her for lunch which was an old school lunch favourite of fish finger sandwiches! and cake!!.... there has been a bit of cake over the last couple of months. Definitely getting back on plan in September.
Lunch was lovely and a great hour of gossip and laughs.
Another night out with an old friend was to see the West End musical Beautiful - a great show, showcasing the amazing talents of Carole King. We had a lovely time and I am so glad that I saw this before it finished in the West End. It is now on a UK tour and I would recommend it, if it visits a town near you.
Another lovely evening out was an impromptu walk along the river after work which resulted in cocktail and coffee watching the tennis on a rooftop overlooking St Paul's. Madison Bar and the rooftop of New exchange at St Pauls has been a favourite for a while but was new to M. We were passing as the sun was setting so I decided to pop up and share this little gem, not knowing that the tennis was being screened on a big screen, so we grabbed a couple of drinks and sat for a while watching the sunset and a few sets of tennis.
As you can see the walk and views were stunning and I will share some more of my summer adventures over the next couple of days.
have a great evening.... look forward to catching up with some favourites in blog land x

No comments:

Sunday, 3 September 2017

Goodbye Summer .... Hello Autumn!

Yes after a summer hiatus I am back!, I had so many good intentions to blog over the last few weeks but life and work have kept me busy. I am hoping with the nights drawing in a little more I will get back into some semblance of a routine and get back to blogging more. I know that lots of people have moved on from writing blogs, but its still something that I like to do, however I am no longer going to get stressed if I miss a few posts!

  So life has been busy since I returned from holiday. I've celebrated birthday's, anniversaries, including M & I's 1st year "friendversary" and spent some lovely days out and about in the city.

We have played the tourist a lot over the summer months visiting Kensington Gardens, Buckingham Palace, and picnic'd in St James Park. We have walked lots and dined in The Savoy and the recently opened The Ivy at Tower Bridge along with burgers and BBQ at Byron and Bodeans. I'm not sure how I've managed to stay within target but I am hanging on.
Birthday treats included lunch with Bestie as we share the same birthday week so always try to do something together. With her job relocating to Chelmsford I joined her for lunch which was an old school lunch favourite of fish finger sandwiches! and cake!!.... there has been a bit of cake over the last couple of months. Definitely getting back on plan in September.
Lunch was lovely and a great hour of gossip and laughs.
Another night out with an old friend was to see the West End musical Beautiful - a great show, showcasing the amazing talents of Carole King. We had a lovely time and I am so glad that I saw this before it finished in the West End. It is now on a UK tour and I would recommend it, if it visits a town near you.
Another lovely evening out was an impromptu walk along the river after work which resulted in cocktail and coffee watching the tennis on a rooftop overlooking St Paul's. Madison Bar and the rooftop of New exchange at St Pauls has been a favourite for a while but was new to M. We were passing as the sun was setting so I decided to pop up and share this little gem, not knowing that the tennis was being screened on a big screen, so we grabbed a couple of drinks and sat for a while watching the sunset and a few sets of tennis.
As you can see the walk and views were stunning and I will share some more of my summer adventures over the next couple of days.
have a great evening.... look forward to catching up with some favourites in blog land x

No comments: