Wednesday, 8 July 2009

cupcake school...........

Last night I ventured out to North London to the very crafty "The Make Lounge" to attend Cupcake school!...... I found this class on the great I Y Cupcakes blog sometime ago and was talking about it at work. Later that week my team left a goody bag on my desk with a voucher in it for the class.

The Make Lounge is between Highbury & Islington and Angel station. The biggest challenge was getting there during the worst storm ever in London which went on forever, Oxford Street at 5.30 resembled a river!with huge disruption to the tube network due to flooding.

The class that was run by Michelle from The Lavender bakery was fab and I quite happily whiled away a couple of hours icing & decorating cupcakes. Even an "experienced" cupcaker like me learnt lots! and the lounge had lots of yummy things to look at. Highly recommended for a fun & girly night out.
An added bonus to the night was that I sat opposite Anne who writes the I Y cupcakes blog who was lovely.
From this:~
So my cupcakes started 'naked' which I then iced with buttercream. The next lesson was making the piping bags!... picture a scene reminiscent to the generation game!... fortunately I have mastered this art over the years. Royal icing was then coloured to our required colours and we were let loose on the cupcakes!
To This:~
YYYYYYYYYY
Here are some pics from the make Lounge...check out all these scrummy fabribs... Amy Butler to dribble over!
and then cottons and books to devour...............check out the website for some great courses and craft events.

4 comments:

Mrs D's Recipes For Life said...

The cupcake school looks great and the cakes are really pretty, love the colours!

Kelly
xxx

Florence and Mary said...

You go to some of the best places!

I've read about the Make School, looks great

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Looks like you had a good time there, hope they tasted as nice as they looked (you lucky thing) hmmm cupcakes

Sharon said...

That is my kind of school!

Wednesday, 8 July 2009

cupcake school...........

Last night I ventured out to North London to the very crafty "The Make Lounge" to attend Cupcake school!...... I found this class on the great I Y Cupcakes blog sometime ago and was talking about it at work. Later that week my team left a goody bag on my desk with a voucher in it for the class.

The Make Lounge is between Highbury & Islington and Angel station. The biggest challenge was getting there during the worst storm ever in London which went on forever, Oxford Street at 5.30 resembled a river!with huge disruption to the tube network due to flooding.

The class that was run by Michelle from The Lavender bakery was fab and I quite happily whiled away a couple of hours icing & decorating cupcakes. Even an "experienced" cupcaker like me learnt lots! and the lounge had lots of yummy things to look at. Highly recommended for a fun & girly night out.
An added bonus to the night was that I sat opposite Anne who writes the I Y cupcakes blog who was lovely.
From this:~
So my cupcakes started 'naked' which I then iced with buttercream. The next lesson was making the piping bags!... picture a scene reminiscent to the generation game!... fortunately I have mastered this art over the years. Royal icing was then coloured to our required colours and we were let loose on the cupcakes!
To This:~
YYYYYYYYYY
Here are some pics from the make Lounge...check out all these scrummy fabribs... Amy Butler to dribble over!
and then cottons and books to devour...............check out the website for some great courses and craft events.

4 comments:

Mrs D's Recipes For Life said...

The cupcake school looks great and the cakes are really pretty, love the colours!

Kelly
xxx

Florence and Mary said...

You go to some of the best places!

I've read about the Make School, looks great

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Looks like you had a good time there, hope they tasted as nice as they looked (you lucky thing) hmmm cupcakes

Sharon said...

That is my kind of school!