Monday, 19 April 2010

Mark's Marathon....

this Sunday, London hosts it's marathon.... my twin brother, is running ( he's the fit one, i'm the fat one!... not sure what happened to my running gene!)... this is his 2nd marathon. he started running  a couple of years and completed his first marathon in 2008.
This year his chosen charity is Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital. If any of you have been following the amazing behind the scenes documentary on BBC2 recently, you will know what an amazing job this hospital does.
If any of you would like to sponsor him and donate to a worthy cause, all pennies would be greatfully received..... Marks marathon.
I will be going up to cheer him along, with my sister-in-law, niece & nephew... we will stand on the Embankment opposite the London Eye. We should then just get to Horseguards to meet him as he finishes. He has set himself a time of 3 and a half hours to complete!..... I will update you all next week on his progress.  I've posted a montage of photo's from his 1st marathon and some of the scenery he passes along the way:
Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Docklands, Tower of London, Monument, Embankement, Big Ben, and Buckingham Palace to name but a few ( I can think of easier ways to sight-see!)
... thanks & hugs Tx
P.S Good Luck Bruv......

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Good Luck Mark!!! Ha ha you made me laugh with the fit brother! Lee and me are the same he is a fitness mad rugby player and I am not!!! Can't wait for a catch up! Course I'm going to show you what's in the little green bag!

Caroline said...

Hi Teresa, thanks for visiting my blog. My husband and my brother are both doing the marathon on Sunday, but I'm not coming to watch as I hate crowds! I'll be sending them positive vibes from down here in sunny Devon!

Caroline said...

Aha - just seen that we are swap partners - do you want to email your address details to me? carm@tesco.net And I'll reply to you with my details. xx

Florence and Mary said...

I'm the same as you and Kelly.... my brother is a personal trainer and when he's bored goes running... hmmm I've never been that bored!

He didn't get in this year so is running the Edinburgh one. He's got a thing that he wants to run all different ones now.

Good luck to your bruv!

Victoria x

Monday, 19 April 2010

Mark's Marathon....

this Sunday, London hosts it's marathon.... my twin brother, is running ( he's the fit one, i'm the fat one!... not sure what happened to my running gene!)... this is his 2nd marathon. he started running  a couple of years and completed his first marathon in 2008.
This year his chosen charity is Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital. If any of you have been following the amazing behind the scenes documentary on BBC2 recently, you will know what an amazing job this hospital does.
If any of you would like to sponsor him and donate to a worthy cause, all pennies would be greatfully received..... Marks marathon.
I will be going up to cheer him along, with my sister-in-law, niece & nephew... we will stand on the Embankment opposite the London Eye. We should then just get to Horseguards to meet him as he finishes. He has set himself a time of 3 and a half hours to complete!..... I will update you all next week on his progress.  I've posted a montage of photo's from his 1st marathon and some of the scenery he passes along the way:
Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Docklands, Tower of London, Monument, Embankement, Big Ben, and Buckingham Palace to name but a few ( I can think of easier ways to sight-see!)
... thanks & hugs Tx
P.S Good Luck Bruv......

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Good Luck Mark!!! Ha ha you made me laugh with the fit brother! Lee and me are the same he is a fitness mad rugby player and I am not!!! Can't wait for a catch up! Course I'm going to show you what's in the little green bag!

Caroline said...

Hi Teresa, thanks for visiting my blog. My husband and my brother are both doing the marathon on Sunday, but I'm not coming to watch as I hate crowds! I'll be sending them positive vibes from down here in sunny Devon!

Caroline said...

Aha - just seen that we are swap partners - do you want to email your address details to me? carm@tesco.net And I'll reply to you with my details. xx

Florence and Mary said...

I'm the same as you and Kelly.... my brother is a personal trainer and when he's bored goes running... hmmm I've never been that bored!

He didn't get in this year so is running the Edinburgh one. He's got a thing that he wants to run all different ones now.

Good luck to your bruv!

Victoria x