Tuesday, 24 March 2015

March madness...

Its hard to believe that March is nearly over and Easter is around the corner.... Life for me over the past couple of weeks has been hectic and full of surprises, some lovely and some shocking.
I hope to share in more detail my March adventures in the next week, but here is a little sample of what |I've been doing to keep me away from the ipad!
  • Spandau Ballet - had a fabulous evening at the O2 with old friends reliving my teens for a night of True Gold Through the Barricades with the Ballet boys.... a huge post to follow for this. (still editing photo's!)
  • Fun in a Fiat 500!.... the first week of March saw me drive off the forecourt a fun and flirty Fiat 500 ... much fun has been has in this, a lovely replacement for my Florence who was stolen in December.... still deciding on a a name for this little shade of grey!
  • Mr Selfridge turned a lovely shade of green for St Patrick's Day, which glowed in the evening light.  
  • Spent a leisurely afternoon having lunch with my oldest friend, gossiping, laughing and eating lots in the lovely surroundings of One Aldwych hotel in London.
  • The Baking fairy has been busy again, this time for a friends surprise 60th birthday, complete with leopard print cupcakes, shoes & handbag!
  • Mothers Day saw me spend time with my mum, visit the cemetery and enjoy some cuddles with the Kits. Returned to work after the mothers day weekend to the news that a colleague within my team had passed away that day. He had only been unwell in hospital for a couple of weeks and had undiagnosed cancer which took him very quickly. He leaves 2 boys and a mum who has already lost her daughter to cancer, its so sad.                                                               Its been a really difficult couple of weeks and really brings home how short life is... I'm determined to enjoy the little things and times spent with loved ones.
  • I still have some lovely things planned for March, and look forward to sharing them over the next couple of weeks, but for now I'm having a few days of chilling, reflecting and sharing fun memories of a friend & colleague that will be irreplaceable.


1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

So sorry to hear about your colleague, so very sad for his family. You're right, it's the sort of thing that really does make you appreciate life and be determined to make the most of it. Hope you have a fabulous April, and look forward to reading all about your March activities xx

Tuesday, 24 March 2015

March madness...

Its hard to believe that March is nearly over and Easter is around the corner.... Life for me over the past couple of weeks has been hectic and full of surprises, some lovely and some shocking.
I hope to share in more detail my March adventures in the next week, but here is a little sample of what |I've been doing to keep me away from the ipad!
  • Spandau Ballet - had a fabulous evening at the O2 with old friends reliving my teens for a night of True Gold Through the Barricades with the Ballet boys.... a huge post to follow for this. (still editing photo's!)
  • Fun in a Fiat 500!.... the first week of March saw me drive off the forecourt a fun and flirty Fiat 500 ... much fun has been has in this, a lovely replacement for my Florence who was stolen in December.... still deciding on a a name for this little shade of grey!
  • Mr Selfridge turned a lovely shade of green for St Patrick's Day, which glowed in the evening light.  
  • Spent a leisurely afternoon having lunch with my oldest friend, gossiping, laughing and eating lots in the lovely surroundings of One Aldwych hotel in London.
  • The Baking fairy has been busy again, this time for a friends surprise 60th birthday, complete with leopard print cupcakes, shoes & handbag!
  • Mothers Day saw me spend time with my mum, visit the cemetery and enjoy some cuddles with the Kits. Returned to work after the mothers day weekend to the news that a colleague within my team had passed away that day. He had only been unwell in hospital for a couple of weeks and had undiagnosed cancer which took him very quickly. He leaves 2 boys and a mum who has already lost her daughter to cancer, its so sad.                                                               Its been a really difficult couple of weeks and really brings home how short life is... I'm determined to enjoy the little things and times spent with loved ones.
  • I still have some lovely things planned for March, and look forward to sharing them over the next couple of weeks, but for now I'm having a few days of chilling, reflecting and sharing fun memories of a friend & colleague that will be irreplaceable.


1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

So sorry to hear about your colleague, so very sad for his family. You're right, it's the sort of thing that really does make you appreciate life and be determined to make the most of it. Hope you have a fabulous April, and look forward to reading all about your March activities xx