Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Goodbye June, Hello July....

Well July has arrived in a heatwave, and as I am typing this I am sitting in the shade of a tree in the park. June started cold, but temperatures soon picked up and it felt like summer was kick started from its hibernation.
Although I didn't have a much planned for the month it turned into a busy one filled with catching up with friends that I haven't seen for an age.
  • Lovely to see the sun on many of my morning commutes
  • Sweet Williams - my flower of the month. reminds me so much of my gramps, the allotment and back of the greenhouse was filled with these.
  • Taylor's trips in the sunshine for lunch with an old friend that I haven't seen in ages from Scotland  - so lovely to get the sunglasses and birkenstocks out 
  • Fathers Day - 2 trips to the cemetery with Taylor and mum; followed by coffee and breakfast at the cafe.
  • June saw me catch-up with another friend Ali, where we dined on the roof of Selfridges followed by an evening at the top of penguin books celebrating the book launch of Giovanna Fletcher's new book. Fab night filled with authors, popstars and cupcakes!
  • June's book post was one of the most read posts on the blog and on social media.
  • A beautiful day off was spent in the glorious grounds and castle of Hever in the countryside of Kent./Sussex. Filled with sunshine, roses and cake!.
  • Commute was filled with glorious sun-rays and fabulous fluffy clouds.
  • British flower week was filled with bowls of sweet williams and gardens of poppies.
  • A gorgeous hot sunny day was spent in a beer garden catching up with another friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years - so much fun.
June also saw the kitchen-aid come out to play for some assistance in making a 3 tier engagement cake for my god-daughter. She loves pink and black so I used this to decorate the cake along with some diamonte initials and a blingy engagement ring.
  • As you can see my baking bits complimented fabulously with this months blog styling.






Work was busy in June, but I also got a chance to spend some time with work friends and a little sale shopping!

  • A trip to Dorset was spent reviewing the Christmas Hamper range for 2015.
  • Enjoyed the summer sunshine on the roof drinking mock-tails and enjoying the view.
  • Coffee time spent with friends under the shadows of Mr Selfridge himself in Harry's bar. 
  • Taylor's first sale at Selfridges and he coped admirably with the yellow bags!
  • Office festooned with yellow bags on sale day!
  • New train provider hasn't eased the delays and cancellations in June... Liverpool street on a particularly challenging commute home one night in June.
  • Sale wouldn't be complete without a little treat!.... gorgeous ox-blood Lily added to the collection - another successful sale ~ birthday and christmas presents stored away.

June certainly turned out much busier than I planned, lovely catching up with some old friends, new and have some fun in the sunshine..... roll on July for more fun with friends, birthday treats and some lovely things planned.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Love your new Mulberry - and the engagement cake is awesome! x

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Goodbye June, Hello July....

Well July has arrived in a heatwave, and as I am typing this I am sitting in the shade of a tree in the park. June started cold, but temperatures soon picked up and it felt like summer was kick started from its hibernation.
Although I didn't have a much planned for the month it turned into a busy one filled with catching up with friends that I haven't seen for an age.
  • Lovely to see the sun on many of my morning commutes
  • Sweet Williams - my flower of the month. reminds me so much of my gramps, the allotment and back of the greenhouse was filled with these.
  • Taylor's trips in the sunshine for lunch with an old friend that I haven't seen in ages from Scotland  - so lovely to get the sunglasses and birkenstocks out 
  • Fathers Day - 2 trips to the cemetery with Taylor and mum; followed by coffee and breakfast at the cafe.
  • June saw me catch-up with another friend Ali, where we dined on the roof of Selfridges followed by an evening at the top of penguin books celebrating the book launch of Giovanna Fletcher's new book. Fab night filled with authors, popstars and cupcakes!
  • June's book post was one of the most read posts on the blog and on social media.
  • A beautiful day off was spent in the glorious grounds and castle of Hever in the countryside of Kent./Sussex. Filled with sunshine, roses and cake!.
  • Commute was filled with glorious sun-rays and fabulous fluffy clouds.
  • British flower week was filled with bowls of sweet williams and gardens of poppies.
  • A gorgeous hot sunny day was spent in a beer garden catching up with another friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years - so much fun.
June also saw the kitchen-aid come out to play for some assistance in making a 3 tier engagement cake for my god-daughter. She loves pink and black so I used this to decorate the cake along with some diamonte initials and a blingy engagement ring.
  • As you can see my baking bits complimented fabulously with this months blog styling.






Work was busy in June, but I also got a chance to spend some time with work friends and a little sale shopping!

  • A trip to Dorset was spent reviewing the Christmas Hamper range for 2015.
  • Enjoyed the summer sunshine on the roof drinking mock-tails and enjoying the view.
  • Coffee time spent with friends under the shadows of Mr Selfridge himself in Harry's bar. 
  • Taylor's first sale at Selfridges and he coped admirably with the yellow bags!
  • Office festooned with yellow bags on sale day!
  • New train provider hasn't eased the delays and cancellations in June... Liverpool street on a particularly challenging commute home one night in June.
  • Sale wouldn't be complete without a little treat!.... gorgeous ox-blood Lily added to the collection - another successful sale ~ birthday and christmas presents stored away.

June certainly turned out much busier than I planned, lovely catching up with some old friends, new and have some fun in the sunshine..... roll on July for more fun with friends, birthday treats and some lovely things planned.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Love your new Mulberry - and the engagement cake is awesome! x