Monday, 31 October 2011

October's Tricks & Treats

well happy halloween.... i'm not sure where October has gone, so I have decided to fill you in on my tricks & treats from October all in one glorious post!
Let me start with wishing you all a happy halloween, very low key for me this year, but here are my favs from this season, no cupcakes but still a few treats... Philosophy's Trick or Treat (very excited when I saw this at work, 1st year that it has been available in the UK, always on my wish list in New York)... Jelly Belly's halloween mix.. loving the liquorice jelly beans... and the cute little smartie pumpkins, filled with mini smarties. mmmm, and finally the orange & white chocolate hot chocolate from artisan du chocolat... scrummy...
So October started with a treat of a new little car...not 'new' but new to me (she's vintage ).. a little red micra called Florence ( i bought her on my nans birthday), but alas Florence has been playing tricks on me for a couple of weeks, and has been back to the garage, but it seems the hiccups are over and all is ok now.
I then was invited to the christening of the beautiful Sophie which was lovely surprise... Sophie is the daughter of Kelly & James, and behaved perfectly throughout the service which was held at the stunning abbey in Waltham Abbey. As well as getting dressed up on a sunday, in a dress & heels (so not my normal sunday attire!) it was lovely to catch up with Victoria, Michaela (who had flown in from Venice) and Kellys family who always make me feel very welcome when I see them... lovely people all met through blogging.
Kelly & co also met me later in the week for a Lolas & coffee in Selfridges, complete with Mr G (Kelly's dad)

October also saw me, catch up with some friends I haven't seen for a while... I spent an evening of Broadway with C & JP which was much fun & very entertaining, (coinciding with Strictly's Braodway weekend which is proving to me one of my guilty pleasures this month) I then spent an evening in Brentwood Essex with Mr Barrowman and my friend K... he is her guilty pleasure and with seats 6 rows back from the stage she was very happy!... the show is as camp as a row of tents but hugely entertaining... here he is with Abba's Winner takes it all! and then finally I was due to see George at the Albert Hall, but alas the tricksters were in force and the show was postponed due to George being unwell...  a treat to look forward to.
So as October draws to a close... here are a few of my favourite halloween images for 2011 from across the pond and here.... Halloween certainly played tricks on the east coast of the US this year, with pumpkin patches covered in snow, cookies & treats from dean & deluca & peggy porschen....
and the fabulous starbucks pumpkin!.....

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Got to love Halloween and October!!

Victoria xx

RosieP said...

Hi Teresa, it was lovely to see you again at Sophie's christening, so glad you enjoyed yourself. Lovely photo's in your post.

Hugs Jill xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

I echo Auntie Jill, it was lovely to see you, and even twice this time, how lucky I've been!
And so honoured to go for a ride on Florence!!!
Michela xxx

Kelly said...

So pleased you could come! We had a lovely time seeing you, just sorry about the lovely litte accident in the yellow shop!! We can remind Sophie of that when she is bigger!

Monday, 31 October 2011

October's Tricks & Treats

well happy halloween.... i'm not sure where October has gone, so I have decided to fill you in on my tricks & treats from October all in one glorious post!
Let me start with wishing you all a happy halloween, very low key for me this year, but here are my favs from this season, no cupcakes but still a few treats... Philosophy's Trick or Treat (very excited when I saw this at work, 1st year that it has been available in the UK, always on my wish list in New York)... Jelly Belly's halloween mix.. loving the liquorice jelly beans... and the cute little smartie pumpkins, filled with mini smarties. mmmm, and finally the orange & white chocolate hot chocolate from artisan du chocolat... scrummy...
So October started with a treat of a new little car...not 'new' but new to me (she's vintage ).. a little red micra called Florence ( i bought her on my nans birthday), but alas Florence has been playing tricks on me for a couple of weeks, and has been back to the garage, but it seems the hiccups are over and all is ok now.
I then was invited to the christening of the beautiful Sophie which was lovely surprise... Sophie is the daughter of Kelly & James, and behaved perfectly throughout the service which was held at the stunning abbey in Waltham Abbey. As well as getting dressed up on a sunday, in a dress & heels (so not my normal sunday attire!) it was lovely to catch up with Victoria, Michaela (who had flown in from Venice) and Kellys family who always make me feel very welcome when I see them... lovely people all met through blogging.
Kelly & co also met me later in the week for a Lolas & coffee in Selfridges, complete with Mr G (Kelly's dad)

October also saw me, catch up with some friends I haven't seen for a while... I spent an evening of Broadway with C & JP which was much fun & very entertaining, (coinciding with Strictly's Braodway weekend which is proving to me one of my guilty pleasures this month) I then spent an evening in Brentwood Essex with Mr Barrowman and my friend K... he is her guilty pleasure and with seats 6 rows back from the stage she was very happy!... the show is as camp as a row of tents but hugely entertaining... here he is with Abba's Winner takes it all! and then finally I was due to see George at the Albert Hall, but alas the tricksters were in force and the show was postponed due to George being unwell...  a treat to look forward to.
So as October draws to a close... here are a few of my favourite halloween images for 2011 from across the pond and here.... Halloween certainly played tricks on the east coast of the US this year, with pumpkin patches covered in snow, cookies & treats from dean & deluca & peggy porschen....
and the fabulous starbucks pumpkin!.....

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Got to love Halloween and October!!

Victoria xx

RosieP said...

Hi Teresa, it was lovely to see you again at Sophie's christening, so glad you enjoyed yourself. Lovely photo's in your post.

Hugs Jill xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

I echo Auntie Jill, it was lovely to see you, and even twice this time, how lucky I've been!
And so honoured to go for a ride on Florence!!!
Michela xxx

Kelly said...

So pleased you could come! We had a lovely time seeing you, just sorry about the lovely litte accident in the yellow shop!! We can remind Sophie of that when she is bigger!