Sunday, 9 October 2011

Venetian adventure...

Venice is an hour on eurostar from Verona, so during my stay I couldn't resist a trip to the beautiful city. The train crosses the causeway from mainland Italy into Venice stopping at station. On embarking the station I boarded a waterbus and started my tour of the Venetian canals.


The morning started quite overcast but as the day wore on the sun shone which was wonderful as I portrays around the canals on the water bus and explored on foot the alleyways.

St Marks square was as busy as ever with both tourists and pigeons!

Venice fascinates me, the architecture is stunning, it oozes glamour in an understated way. I loved exploring and thoroughly enjoyed my day.

3 comments:

RosieP said...

One of my most favourite places to be, glad you enjoyed it. Was lovely to see you on Sunday.

Hugs Jill x

Archies Mum said...

I am so jealous, I absolutely adore Venice and would go back there tomorrow if I could. Sounds like you had a lovely time (you lucky thing)

Florence and Mary said...

A Garwood favourite!!!

Victoria xx

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Venetian adventure...

Venice is an hour on eurostar from Verona, so during my stay I couldn't resist a trip to the beautiful city. The train crosses the causeway from mainland Italy into Venice stopping at station. On embarking the station I boarded a waterbus and started my tour of the Venetian canals.


The morning started quite overcast but as the day wore on the sun shone which was wonderful as I portrays around the canals on the water bus and explored on foot the alleyways.

St Marks square was as busy as ever with both tourists and pigeons!

Venice fascinates me, the architecture is stunning, it oozes glamour in an understated way. I loved exploring and thoroughly enjoyed my day.

3 comments:

RosieP said...

One of my most favourite places to be, glad you enjoyed it. Was lovely to see you on Sunday.

Hugs Jill x

Archies Mum said...

I am so jealous, I absolutely adore Venice and would go back there tomorrow if I could. Sounds like you had a lovely time (you lucky thing)

Florence and Mary said...

A Garwood favourite!!!

Victoria xx