Sunday, 2 October 2011

A Day on the Lake

was how I spent a beautiful Sunday in Italy. Half hour outside Verona on the train is Lake Garda. Disembarking at Desenzano, one of the more built up resorts on the Lake, I boarded a boat and set off for a day's sailing up and around the lake.Stopping at many ports on the way.

The morning on the lake was a little misty but as the day progressed the sun shone and made for a lovely relaxing day. Ports that I docked at, were;Sirmione,Manerba, Portese, Salo, Gardone, Fasone,Maderno,Bogliaco,Gargnano, Campione, Malcesine and Limone.

I disembarked at Limone, 1) to get my sea legs back and 2) to have a spot of lunch overlooking the lake. Limone is home of the Lemon & Limoncello...and is extremely pretty.

After an amble around the town and a late lunch I boarded the catamaran back down to Desenzano for the train ride back to Verona.
An extremely restful day, and a fabulous way to see the variety that lake Garda offers.

No comments:

Sunday, 2 October 2011

A Day on the Lake

was how I spent a beautiful Sunday in Italy. Half hour outside Verona on the train is Lake Garda. Disembarking at Desenzano, one of the more built up resorts on the Lake, I boarded a boat and set off for a day's sailing up and around the lake.Stopping at many ports on the way.

The morning on the lake was a little misty but as the day progressed the sun shone and made for a lovely relaxing day. Ports that I docked at, were;Sirmione,Manerba, Portese, Salo, Gardone, Fasone,Maderno,Bogliaco,Gargnano, Campione, Malcesine and Limone.

I disembarked at Limone, 1) to get my sea legs back and 2) to have a spot of lunch overlooking the lake. Limone is home of the Lemon & Limoncello...and is extremely pretty.

After an amble around the town and a late lunch I boarded the catamaran back down to Desenzano for the train ride back to Verona.
An extremely restful day, and a fabulous way to see the variety that lake Garda offers.

No comments: