Sunday, 6 October 2013

October fall....

I'm still struggling to come to terms with that we are in the 10th month of 2013 .... Really not sure where this year is going but its quick!
I love October, it is one of my favourite months... The nights become darker, trees become a cacophony of oranges and reds and you get to pretend you are 5 all over again by kicking the crispy leaves in the kerbside!.. ( every time I do I hear my nan in my ear telling me to stop as I will scuff my shoes!) and pumpkins & apples in a plenty.
It seems that autumn is being as kind to us as the summer was with glorious sunshine and blue skies, which has created the most amazing sunsets & sunrises.... I've had lots of stuff going on in September, which I will share with you soon, a night out at the theatre and some downtime with old friends.
Early this morning I spent some time in the park, enjoying the sunshine, which resulted in a fabulous conker haul... Bought back lots of lovely memories.., think the kittens are going to enjoy these.
October brings another favourite treat of the season Pumpkin Spice Latte... a firm favourite across the pond, Starbucks have introduced over the last few years, with it now becoming the pre-treat to the seasonal Red cups.
These are a welcome afternoon treat in the office,it does allow me to to daydream for 15 minutes that I am in New York! ... Mmm yum.
What autumnal treats are you looking forward to... I've already got the slow cooker out from the back of the cupboard ready for stews and shepherds pie.... Comfort food is a coming!..

No comments:

Sunday, 6 October 2013

October fall....

I'm still struggling to come to terms with that we are in the 10th month of 2013 .... Really not sure where this year is going but its quick!
I love October, it is one of my favourite months... The nights become darker, trees become a cacophony of oranges and reds and you get to pretend you are 5 all over again by kicking the crispy leaves in the kerbside!.. ( every time I do I hear my nan in my ear telling me to stop as I will scuff my shoes!) and pumpkins & apples in a plenty.
It seems that autumn is being as kind to us as the summer was with glorious sunshine and blue skies, which has created the most amazing sunsets & sunrises.... I've had lots of stuff going on in September, which I will share with you soon, a night out at the theatre and some downtime with old friends.
Early this morning I spent some time in the park, enjoying the sunshine, which resulted in a fabulous conker haul... Bought back lots of lovely memories.., think the kittens are going to enjoy these.
October brings another favourite treat of the season Pumpkin Spice Latte... a firm favourite across the pond, Starbucks have introduced over the last few years, with it now becoming the pre-treat to the seasonal Red cups.
These are a welcome afternoon treat in the office,it does allow me to to daydream for 15 minutes that I am in New York! ... Mmm yum.
What autumnal treats are you looking forward to... I've already got the slow cooker out from the back of the cupboard ready for stews and shepherds pie.... Comfort food is a coming!..

No comments: