Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Book Love - New York

This month I am going to share some New York adventures from my visit last year as I begin to plan this years trip, all with a "Back to School" vibe!
Therefore I am starting with Books.. one of my favourite things and one of the perfect places to visit when in New York  is The Strand Bookstore.
The Strand book store sits on the corner of 12th Street and Broadway and houses 18 miles of books, new, used and rare all under one roof. It is 86 years old and an absolute institution for book lovers to visit when in the city of NY.
You can easily loose yourself for hours walking the aisles and rows of bookshelves. It is gorgeous and has that old books smell which is a rarity in many books stores now.  Along with selling great books, they also host some fabulous events. I am actively perusing the site to see what will be happening when I'm out there later in the year. Along with this their book gifts are perfect for read-a-holics like myself. Book tote, pencil case and coffee mug were Strand treats that came back in my suitcase... perfect for my commute. 
Another thing I enjoy about The Strand is their Instagram feed, here are some favourites including a very famous visitor who frequented the store recently. 
  • Former President Bill Clinton book buying.
  • Book mountain of Harper Lee's ~ Go set a Watchman.
  • Book resolutions window display 2015.
  • Books & Coffee the perfect combination.
  • Chalkboard of reasons why books make the best gifts!
  • the most beautiful set of children's classics ever
Another Instagram fun find has been Hot Dudes Reading which features guys travelling on the subway / bus / in and around New York snapped reading books. Kindles / Papers not allowed and its a great light heart lift. Here's some favourites.
Hope that you have enjoyed my "Back to School" fun today... pop back later this week when I share some more book love from New York.

No comments:

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Book Love - New York

This month I am going to share some New York adventures from my visit last year as I begin to plan this years trip, all with a "Back to School" vibe!
Therefore I am starting with Books.. one of my favourite things and one of the perfect places to visit when in New York  is The Strand Bookstore.
The Strand book store sits on the corner of 12th Street and Broadway and houses 18 miles of books, new, used and rare all under one roof. It is 86 years old and an absolute institution for book lovers to visit when in the city of NY.
You can easily loose yourself for hours walking the aisles and rows of bookshelves. It is gorgeous and has that old books smell which is a rarity in many books stores now.  Along with selling great books, they also host some fabulous events. I am actively perusing the site to see what will be happening when I'm out there later in the year. Along with this their book gifts are perfect for read-a-holics like myself. Book tote, pencil case and coffee mug were Strand treats that came back in my suitcase... perfect for my commute. 
Another thing I enjoy about The Strand is their Instagram feed, here are some favourites including a very famous visitor who frequented the store recently. 
  • Former President Bill Clinton book buying.
  • Book mountain of Harper Lee's ~ Go set a Watchman.
  • Book resolutions window display 2015.
  • Books & Coffee the perfect combination.
  • Chalkboard of reasons why books make the best gifts!
  • the most beautiful set of children's classics ever
Another Instagram fun find has been Hot Dudes Reading which features guys travelling on the subway / bus / in and around New York snapped reading books. Kindles / Papers not allowed and its a great light heart lift. Here's some favourites.
Hope that you have enjoyed my "Back to School" fun today... pop back later this week when I share some more book love from New York.

No comments: