Saturday, 8 October 2016

Farewell September.....

So September has gone and I am a week late in updating my blog with its October makeover and still have a list of posts in draft from September!
Life is kind of busy at the moment with lots of new and exciting stuff, who knew that losing weight and getting a little fitter would lead to be getting a life back! September was a month filled with steps!
It saw me take up Cancer Research’s challenge of 10,000 steps a day and I am thrilled to announce that not only did I smash the 10,000 steps a day but also my target of £250. I am now nearly at £400 which I am delighted with.
When I signed-up for the challenge I made a commitment to myself that I would walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day and not bank any if I had walked more on other days; my final step count for the month was 463,194 covering 337k (209 miles)
Some of the loveliest moments in September whilst walking was seeing the summer evenings move into autumn and the trees begin to turn in preparation for fall. Sunrises and Sunsets were particularly stunning and I loved every step that I took (apart from the days when I was running!) Autumn is ever present in my local park with an abundance of conkers, which I had to dodge on my weekly run.
I have also found places in London that I never knew existed and could give a black cab driver a run for his money on the routes between Liverpool Street and Bond Street.
September also saw me catch-up with friends old a new and enjoy a few glasses of fizz and  some indulgent lunches.
 I am also enjoying the darker nights and I’m already nesting for my winter hibernation, I have a backlog of autumn telly on my planner for viewing which I am looking forward to curling up and watching.
September also saw the release of Bridget Jones Baby which I saw twice during the month and loved both occasions, laughed out loud throughout and already have it on pre-order for its 2017 release.
Payday heralded a little shopping spree as I have run out of clothes that fit and desperately needed some basics for work and a few bits for the weekends. Super excited to be pulling on a size 12 jeans and I have had to return a few bits due to them being too big!
Overall September was quite lovely, weather was beautiful, I am settling into the new job and even though I’ve failed miserably on the blogging front I really hope to catch you all up with life and all its adventures over the coming weeks.
Here’s to a gorgeous October …..



No comments:

Saturday, 8 October 2016

Farewell September.....

So September has gone and I am a week late in updating my blog with its October makeover and still have a list of posts in draft from September!
Life is kind of busy at the moment with lots of new and exciting stuff, who knew that losing weight and getting a little fitter would lead to be getting a life back! September was a month filled with steps!
It saw me take up Cancer Research’s challenge of 10,000 steps a day and I am thrilled to announce that not only did I smash the 10,000 steps a day but also my target of £250. I am now nearly at £400 which I am delighted with.
When I signed-up for the challenge I made a commitment to myself that I would walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day and not bank any if I had walked more on other days; my final step count for the month was 463,194 covering 337k (209 miles)
Some of the loveliest moments in September whilst walking was seeing the summer evenings move into autumn and the trees begin to turn in preparation for fall. Sunrises and Sunsets were particularly stunning and I loved every step that I took (apart from the days when I was running!) Autumn is ever present in my local park with an abundance of conkers, which I had to dodge on my weekly run.
I have also found places in London that I never knew existed and could give a black cab driver a run for his money on the routes between Liverpool Street and Bond Street.
September also saw me catch-up with friends old a new and enjoy a few glasses of fizz and  some indulgent lunches.
 I am also enjoying the darker nights and I’m already nesting for my winter hibernation, I have a backlog of autumn telly on my planner for viewing which I am looking forward to curling up and watching.
September also saw the release of Bridget Jones Baby which I saw twice during the month and loved both occasions, laughed out loud throughout and already have it on pre-order for its 2017 release.
Payday heralded a little shopping spree as I have run out of clothes that fit and desperately needed some basics for work and a few bits for the weekends. Super excited to be pulling on a size 12 jeans and I have had to return a few bits due to them being too big!
Overall September was quite lovely, weather was beautiful, I am settling into the new job and even though I’ve failed miserably on the blogging front I really hope to catch you all up with life and all its adventures over the coming weeks.
Here’s to a gorgeous October …..



No comments: