Friday, 18 June 2010

Picnic in the park.....

followed by a Serenade in the Courtyard ....is how I spent last night.
I am of course referring to the annual Hampton Court Festival, hosting a week of concerts in the courtyard of Hampton Court which is preceded by a Picnic in the park of the palace!
This obviously gave me much excuse to pull out the Picnic hamper and indulge in the whole Famous 5 ideal of  a picnic; tomato sandwiches, boiled eggs, lemonade, melt-in-the-mouth shortbread, and lashings ginger beer....
now prefixed with greek salad, frittata, falafel, dips & chips with summer fruit salad, mini chocolate pots & lashings of sparkling rose!...

I got lots of looks with my lovely picnic basket & blanket on the train on route to Hampton Court!
I met up with 2 of my dearest friends and we whiled away a couple of hours in the grounds. We relaxed in the shade, under trees that looked like they had been plucked from Alice-in-wonderland, on the front lawn of the palace.
As dusk fell we strolled through the Palace to the courtyard which was delightful.
This building is quite breathtaking, the chimney stakes are a work of art in themselves.
We were then serenaded for a couple of hours by the very talented Michael Bolton.
As previously blogged he is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me!
I had a fantastic evening, it was lovely relaxing and catching-up with the girls, enjoying the sunshine in the most stunning of surroundings, followed by a magical concert.....
One more to tick off on my 40 things in my 40th year list!.... Thanks C & S for a fab night xx
here is clip that I have found on You tube of Michael singing nessum dorma.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Wow that looks fabulous darling!
I'd like to come next time.....oh thought I'd just let you know there's an award awaiting you on my blog should you wish.....happy crafting Teresa and hope all is well with you. xxx

Archies Mum said...

Wow that sounds like you had a lovely evening. A night shared with friends al-fresco what more could you want x

dawn060861 said...

HI I liked your 5 , I chose clean washing too there is just somehing about clean sheets!!!

Dawn x

Annah said...

Everyone has been making those 30 before 30 or 40 before 40 lists. I think I want to make one toooooooooo :) Looks like you had a fabtastic time.

Friday, 18 June 2010

Picnic in the park.....

followed by a Serenade in the Courtyard ....is how I spent last night.
I am of course referring to the annual Hampton Court Festival, hosting a week of concerts in the courtyard of Hampton Court which is preceded by a Picnic in the park of the palace!
This obviously gave me much excuse to pull out the Picnic hamper and indulge in the whole Famous 5 ideal of  a picnic; tomato sandwiches, boiled eggs, lemonade, melt-in-the-mouth shortbread, and lashings ginger beer....
now prefixed with greek salad, frittata, falafel, dips & chips with summer fruit salad, mini chocolate pots & lashings of sparkling rose!...

I got lots of looks with my lovely picnic basket & blanket on the train on route to Hampton Court!
I met up with 2 of my dearest friends and we whiled away a couple of hours in the grounds. We relaxed in the shade, under trees that looked like they had been plucked from Alice-in-wonderland, on the front lawn of the palace.
As dusk fell we strolled through the Palace to the courtyard which was delightful.
This building is quite breathtaking, the chimney stakes are a work of art in themselves.
We were then serenaded for a couple of hours by the very talented Michael Bolton.
As previously blogged he is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me!
I had a fantastic evening, it was lovely relaxing and catching-up with the girls, enjoying the sunshine in the most stunning of surroundings, followed by a magical concert.....
One more to tick off on my 40 things in my 40th year list!.... Thanks C & S for a fab night xx
here is clip that I have found on You tube of Michael singing nessum dorma.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Wow that looks fabulous darling!
I'd like to come next time.....oh thought I'd just let you know there's an award awaiting you on my blog should you wish.....happy crafting Teresa and hope all is well with you. xxx

Archies Mum said...

Wow that sounds like you had a lovely evening. A night shared with friends al-fresco what more could you want x

dawn060861 said...

HI I liked your 5 , I chose clean washing too there is just somehing about clean sheets!!!

Dawn x

Annah said...

Everyone has been making those 30 before 30 or 40 before 40 lists. I think I want to make one toooooooooo :) Looks like you had a fabtastic time.