Saturday, 23 March 2013

From Nottinghill to New York actually

Is the fantastically titled sequel to Ali Mcnamara's debut novel From Nottinghill with Love ... actually. Since Ali's first novel I have got to know her via twitter / email and Coffee when she is in London. From Notting Hill  to New York Actually published a few days before my trip to New York so it was the perfect accompaniment for my trip.
The story follows Scarlett's life a few months after we left her in FNHWLA, living with Sean she embarks on an adventure with her gay best friend Oscar to New York. Here she uncovers a family mystery. Along the way it features a TV crew, Sailors, Tiffany's a movie star and a treasure hunt across Manhatten. It's a romp from start to finish....
Ironically there where many parallels in my trip to New York and the book and it became a great companion during my visit.... On my first night I sat down in Serendipity's whilst waiting for my order I opened my kindle to find Scarlett ordering a Frozen hot chocolate in the same venue... Whilst walking through Central Park I was interviewed by a local TV crew .. No breakfast at Tiffany's, but did fall in love with the Dragonfly design in the Soho store, which bared a spookily similar design to
Scarletts  brooch in the book. Unfortunately  no Sailors on this visit but plenty of excitement with the NYFD  ... Just needed to fall upon Bradley Cooper and my trip would have been complete!...
This book is a gret follow up to Scarlett's adventures in Notting hill and if you have lived and loved New York then you will love this.... Now anticipantly waiting for Ali's next adventure...
Here  are some more of my adventures in New York.... Enjoy x


No comments:

Saturday, 23 March 2013

From Nottinghill to New York actually

Is the fantastically titled sequel to Ali Mcnamara's debut novel From Nottinghill with Love ... actually. Since Ali's first novel I have got to know her via twitter / email and Coffee when she is in London. From Notting Hill  to New York Actually published a few days before my trip to New York so it was the perfect accompaniment for my trip.
The story follows Scarlett's life a few months after we left her in FNHWLA, living with Sean she embarks on an adventure with her gay best friend Oscar to New York. Here she uncovers a family mystery. Along the way it features a TV crew, Sailors, Tiffany's a movie star and a treasure hunt across Manhatten. It's a romp from start to finish....
Ironically there where many parallels in my trip to New York and the book and it became a great companion during my visit.... On my first night I sat down in Serendipity's whilst waiting for my order I opened my kindle to find Scarlett ordering a Frozen hot chocolate in the same venue... Whilst walking through Central Park I was interviewed by a local TV crew .. No breakfast at Tiffany's, but did fall in love with the Dragonfly design in the Soho store, which bared a spookily similar design to
Scarletts  brooch in the book. Unfortunately  no Sailors on this visit but plenty of excitement with the NYFD  ... Just needed to fall upon Bradley Cooper and my trip would have been complete!...
This book is a gret follow up to Scarlett's adventures in Notting hill and if you have lived and loved New York then you will love this.... Now anticipantly waiting for Ali's next adventure...
Here  are some more of my adventures in New York.... Enjoy x


No comments: