Sunday, 3 March 2013

Shopping in the City ...

Any trip to New York is not without a little shopping planning .Working in the big yellow store I don't need to go for designer bargains that I can pick up at work... So I try to seek out fun things that I can't necessarily get at home
As previously blogged   Williams and Sonoma,features heavily along with Bloomies, The Pottery Barn, and Crate & Barrel.
My alternative shops of choice in New York are Target, TJMaxx, Michaels, Duane Reade and Century 21 along with Macy's
I hit Macy's on a special sale day equipped with a list of Martha Stewart requirements, Macy's stocks Martha's home range which I love.
I loved the spatula decorated Christmas trees.
Century 21 is a bargain label store sited opposite the World Trade centre, filled with affordable labels its a must ... Get there early ( it opens at 7.30am) for the Wall Street commuters on route to work.
Michaels is a craft emporium filled with lots of fun things to make, bake & create...adjacent  to Michaels is a TJMaxx and opposite is a HomeGoods (uk's tkmaxx & homesense) I picked up
lots of Christmas treats and presents from here at really affordable prices.
Duane Reade is a pharmacy located everywhere in New York... Perfect for stocking fillers, OPi at $5, and candy!... My favourite however is Target!    
Target is located in East Harlem and is easily accessible by bus from the city. It's a huge supermarket superstore similar filled with affordable treats.
On this visit I picked up lots of Candy, stocking fillers and Converse ($13) ... Along with lots of peppermint flavoured holiday treats.... M&M's, coffee and baking treats.
As you can see the suitcase was a little loaded on its trip back across the Atlantic!... Not sure how I can explain the bags of candy to the customs officers.



No comments:

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Shopping in the City ...

Any trip to New York is not without a little shopping planning .Working in the big yellow store I don't need to go for designer bargains that I can pick up at work... So I try to seek out fun things that I can't necessarily get at home
As previously blogged   Williams and Sonoma,features heavily along with Bloomies, The Pottery Barn, and Crate & Barrel.
My alternative shops of choice in New York are Target, TJMaxx, Michaels, Duane Reade and Century 21 along with Macy's
I hit Macy's on a special sale day equipped with a list of Martha Stewart requirements, Macy's stocks Martha's home range which I love.
I loved the spatula decorated Christmas trees.
Century 21 is a bargain label store sited opposite the World Trade centre, filled with affordable labels its a must ... Get there early ( it opens at 7.30am) for the Wall Street commuters on route to work.
Michaels is a craft emporium filled with lots of fun things to make, bake & create...adjacent  to Michaels is a TJMaxx and opposite is a HomeGoods (uk's tkmaxx & homesense) I picked up
lots of Christmas treats and presents from here at really affordable prices.
Duane Reade is a pharmacy located everywhere in New York... Perfect for stocking fillers, OPi at $5, and candy!... My favourite however is Target!    
Target is located in East Harlem and is easily accessible by bus from the city. It's a huge supermarket superstore similar filled with affordable treats.
On this visit I picked up lots of Candy, stocking fillers and Converse ($13) ... Along with lots of peppermint flavoured holiday treats.... M&M's, coffee and baking treats.
As you can see the suitcase was a little loaded on its trip back across the Atlantic!... Not sure how I can explain the bags of candy to the customs officers.



No comments: