Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Easter feast & treats

This Easter I made a conscious decision not to do lots, normally I spend the weekend making & baking lots and then working for the Easter Bunny delivering to friends and family. I am glad that I made this decision as Easter passed me by under a duvet feeling very under the weather.
Maundy Thursday was spent in the office, where all my team were treated to Easter goodies and mini egg cupcakes. With the sun shining and the thought of a 4 day weekend there was much frivolity and fun had.
Good Friday was spent baking, this gave me an opportunity to try out some of my tips picked up at me recent photography day.

Good Friday is a favourite of mine and holds many special family memories. From toasting Hot Cross Buns on the fire ( yes we had gas, but we still did it!) to a family fish supper, I still try to keep some of these traditions. I grew up with a family that had a faith, we didn't go to church every week, but it was part of our life. Although now I don't share that faith ( I think majoring in the sciences and a career steeped in investigations and logic throw some doubt onto my belief in a faith) I do still believe that Easter is a time for reflection, and looking forward, also any holiday that gives you free reign to eat unlimited amounts of chocolate is fine with me!
Easter is all about food in my house and my menus must include Haddock, Eggs, Hot Cross Buns and Roast Lamb.
One of my Easter favourites this year were the very cute Easter Bunny crumpets from Asda which were perfect for an Easter Sunday breakfast version of ham and eggs.
 With a leg of lamb roasting in the oven, I soon snuck back under my duvet. I'm not sure what hit me over the weekend, but spent the best part of it freezing cold, raging headache and a lethargy that came from nowhere. Dinner was dished up and left and I haven't managed a full meal since. I feel like I am in a perpetual state of jet lag and everything seems to be taking me twice as long to do. The Dr seems to think it may be a virus but if persists past the weekend I am to go to the surgery.  I hope that you all had a lovely Easter and the Easter bunny was good for you. I have yet to start on my chocolate treats , but look forward to them soon... especially the meringue carrot kisses from peggy porschen... here are what the cupcake bunny made for delivery.


2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Sometimes when you have been busy at work and you have a few days to chill and relax these bugs just seem to get you. Hope you are feeling better soon x

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Do hope you feel better soon, Teresa xx

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Easter feast & treats

This Easter I made a conscious decision not to do lots, normally I spend the weekend making & baking lots and then working for the Easter Bunny delivering to friends and family. I am glad that I made this decision as Easter passed me by under a duvet feeling very under the weather.
Maundy Thursday was spent in the office, where all my team were treated to Easter goodies and mini egg cupcakes. With the sun shining and the thought of a 4 day weekend there was much frivolity and fun had.
Good Friday was spent baking, this gave me an opportunity to try out some of my tips picked up at me recent photography day.

Good Friday is a favourite of mine and holds many special family memories. From toasting Hot Cross Buns on the fire ( yes we had gas, but we still did it!) to a family fish supper, I still try to keep some of these traditions. I grew up with a family that had a faith, we didn't go to church every week, but it was part of our life. Although now I don't share that faith ( I think majoring in the sciences and a career steeped in investigations and logic throw some doubt onto my belief in a faith) I do still believe that Easter is a time for reflection, and looking forward, also any holiday that gives you free reign to eat unlimited amounts of chocolate is fine with me!
Easter is all about food in my house and my menus must include Haddock, Eggs, Hot Cross Buns and Roast Lamb.
One of my Easter favourites this year were the very cute Easter Bunny crumpets from Asda which were perfect for an Easter Sunday breakfast version of ham and eggs.
 With a leg of lamb roasting in the oven, I soon snuck back under my duvet. I'm not sure what hit me over the weekend, but spent the best part of it freezing cold, raging headache and a lethargy that came from nowhere. Dinner was dished up and left and I haven't managed a full meal since. I feel like I am in a perpetual state of jet lag and everything seems to be taking me twice as long to do. The Dr seems to think it may be a virus but if persists past the weekend I am to go to the surgery.  I hope that you all had a lovely Easter and the Easter bunny was good for you. I have yet to start on my chocolate treats , but look forward to them soon... especially the meringue carrot kisses from peggy porschen... here are what the cupcake bunny made for delivery.


2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Sometimes when you have been busy at work and you have a few days to chill and relax these bugs just seem to get you. Hope you are feeling better soon x

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Do hope you feel better soon, Teresa xx