Tuesday, 23 February 2016

A new Lifestyle....

Six Months ago I embarked on a lifestyle change of which I've now decided to share with my blog readers….. the lifestyle change is Slimming World.  When you tell people that you are going on a diet; they instantly either become your biggest friend or foe and you suddenly find yourself under this big food spotlight. Equally I have tried diets of sorts before and have never really clicked with one and I needed to see if this worked for me before telling everyone that I am on a diet! My inspiration came from a lady that I follow on instagram (becky) who's slimming world journey has been amazing and featured in the Daily Mail. She made Slimming World look relatively straightforward and more of a lifestyle change as opposed to a 'diet'.
Having made the decision to give it a go I knew that I needed to join a group to help me along the SW journey. My first month was really feeling my feet on what I could eat freely and what I needed to account for in my daily 'syn' allowance. Six months in and I'm still learning, but apart from a couple of 'no loss' weeks and a 2 separate weeks of gaining between ½ & 1lb over the December/ holiday period I have maintained a steady weight loss over the 6 months. I am now 2 ½ stone lighter and beginning to see the changes. People are beginning to notice and I have dropped 2 dress sizes and nearly 2 trouser sizes.
Meal planning is the key for me and the weeks that I haven’t planned well is the weeks that I see minimal weight loss / gain. I am now becoming more adventurous with cooking from the SW recipes and love their pulled pork, spaghetti bolognaise, cottage pie, and sweet & sour chicken. Here's some of what I've eaten on my SW journey….
Breakfast is my easiest meal – Weetabix, fruit & Müller yoghurt are my staple's for my desk breakfast; I try to mix it up daily so that it's not the same and it's become a regular instagram feature. Weekends are cooked breakfast or poached eggs.
I still have a long way to go and would like to loose another 2 stone, but I have set myself monthly goals and 3 month targets;  when I started I wanted to loose 1½ stone before going to New York and 2 stone by New Year which I have achieved.... Thank-you Becky for the inspiration.
March will see me step up some basic exercise and with the mornings and evenings getting lighter I'm going to kick start my walking commute to the station. I have fallen into a bit of a rut since early January due to work and stuff but I am staying for the meetings now and the support and fun that the group bring is really beginning to help on my next chapter….. so my next big goal is 2 stone by the end of July…. Watch this space 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations, Teresa, that's really really well done - I'm so impressed. xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well done on the weight loss so far. My mum has lost so much weight doing Slimming World I'm currently dabbling with her help.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

A new Lifestyle....

Six Months ago I embarked on a lifestyle change of which I've now decided to share with my blog readers….. the lifestyle change is Slimming World.  When you tell people that you are going on a diet; they instantly either become your biggest friend or foe and you suddenly find yourself under this big food spotlight. Equally I have tried diets of sorts before and have never really clicked with one and I needed to see if this worked for me before telling everyone that I am on a diet! My inspiration came from a lady that I follow on instagram (becky) who's slimming world journey has been amazing and featured in the Daily Mail. She made Slimming World look relatively straightforward and more of a lifestyle change as opposed to a 'diet'.
Having made the decision to give it a go I knew that I needed to join a group to help me along the SW journey. My first month was really feeling my feet on what I could eat freely and what I needed to account for in my daily 'syn' allowance. Six months in and I'm still learning, but apart from a couple of 'no loss' weeks and a 2 separate weeks of gaining between ½ & 1lb over the December/ holiday period I have maintained a steady weight loss over the 6 months. I am now 2 ½ stone lighter and beginning to see the changes. People are beginning to notice and I have dropped 2 dress sizes and nearly 2 trouser sizes.
Meal planning is the key for me and the weeks that I haven’t planned well is the weeks that I see minimal weight loss / gain. I am now becoming more adventurous with cooking from the SW recipes and love their pulled pork, spaghetti bolognaise, cottage pie, and sweet & sour chicken. Here's some of what I've eaten on my SW journey….
Breakfast is my easiest meal – Weetabix, fruit & Müller yoghurt are my staple's for my desk breakfast; I try to mix it up daily so that it's not the same and it's become a regular instagram feature. Weekends are cooked breakfast or poached eggs.
I still have a long way to go and would like to loose another 2 stone, but I have set myself monthly goals and 3 month targets;  when I started I wanted to loose 1½ stone before going to New York and 2 stone by New Year which I have achieved.... Thank-you Becky for the inspiration.
March will see me step up some basic exercise and with the mornings and evenings getting lighter I'm going to kick start my walking commute to the station. I have fallen into a bit of a rut since early January due to work and stuff but I am staying for the meetings now and the support and fun that the group bring is really beginning to help on my next chapter….. so my next big goal is 2 stone by the end of July…. Watch this space 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations, Teresa, that's really really well done - I'm so impressed. xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well done on the weight loss so far. My mum has lost so much weight doing Slimming World I'm currently dabbling with her help.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com