Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Farewell July....

Well July was a month filled with fun, celebrations and lots of farewell. It was the month that I said my goodbyes to Mr Selfridge and the store that has been my work home and my work family for the past 10 years.
July was also a month where we saw a glimpse of summer and my walking adventures stepped up more with the warm mornings and evenings.
Saturday and Sunday mornings were spent at my desk clearing through 10 years of paperwork, filling and archiving in preparation for handover and packing up to leave. However I did escape a few times to enjoy the sunshine and parks around London; one of my favourite being a gorgeous walk through Regents park and along the canal.
July saw walks along the river, an early breakfast at The Sky Garden
along with a meander along the canal.
St Pauls cathedral has become one of my favourite photo-ops on my walks.
Another breakfast came at The Wolsley with my current & previous boss which was just lovely. I will share my Selfridges farewell adventure soon.
I was inundated with cards & gifts and drank too much champagne in a week where I said goodbye and celebrated another year older.
July really was a month of beautiful things; I travelled to Manchester early in the month and stayed at the lovely Malmaison to say goodbye to my Manchester families.
I also got to celebrate Christmas in July where I attended the Selfridges Christmas press show for the last time.
July was full of glorious colour from the beautiful blooms inside & out and I was in complete rose heaven.
My SW adventure continued with another half stone award which I will be sharing more of in the coming week.
Thanks July for what really was an emotional month... Looking forward to a whole new adventure in August.

No comments:

Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Farewell July....

Well July was a month filled with fun, celebrations and lots of farewell. It was the month that I said my goodbyes to Mr Selfridge and the store that has been my work home and my work family for the past 10 years.
July was also a month where we saw a glimpse of summer and my walking adventures stepped up more with the warm mornings and evenings.
Saturday and Sunday mornings were spent at my desk clearing through 10 years of paperwork, filling and archiving in preparation for handover and packing up to leave. However I did escape a few times to enjoy the sunshine and parks around London; one of my favourite being a gorgeous walk through Regents park and along the canal.
July saw walks along the river, an early breakfast at The Sky Garden
along with a meander along the canal.
St Pauls cathedral has become one of my favourite photo-ops on my walks.
Another breakfast came at The Wolsley with my current & previous boss which was just lovely. I will share my Selfridges farewell adventure soon.
I was inundated with cards & gifts and drank too much champagne in a week where I said goodbye and celebrated another year older.
July really was a month of beautiful things; I travelled to Manchester early in the month and stayed at the lovely Malmaison to say goodbye to my Manchester families.
I also got to celebrate Christmas in July where I attended the Selfridges Christmas press show for the last time.
July was full of glorious colour from the beautiful blooms inside & out and I was in complete rose heaven.
My SW adventure continued with another half stone award which I will be sharing more of in the coming week.
Thanks July for what really was an emotional month... Looking forward to a whole new adventure in August.

No comments: