Thursday, 1 July 2010

Tea & Tap.... & tempting treats!

was my Thursday afternoon. I'm working 6 days for the next few weeks, so Thursday afternoon I snuck out late afternoon and headed over to The Berkeley for a spot of Afternoon Tea before going to see Tap Dogs at the Lyceum Theatre, ....(another bargain ticket!)
Tea
I loved the Berkeley, understated elegance & glamour. Afternoon Tea at the Berkeley is not just any afternoon tea, it's Pret-a-Portea, the complete indulgent treat for any fashionista! The whole menu is derived from the Spring/Summer 10 season collection, all served up on classic Paul Smith china.
Tea is served in the Caramel Rooms, which served Tea and Drinks, I was a bit nervous of going on my own , but everyone was lovely, unrushed and very scrumptious. I whiled away a couple of hours drinking tea and eating some delicious sandwiches (crusts off of course!) and delectable desserts, browsing through a book and people watching!
This seasons collection features a Chanel Cookie Clog and an Anya Hindmarch bag!..... how cute.
I was unable to finish all my tea-time treats, They do top up the sandwiches and the tea frequently! so they gift box them up for you to takeaway in a gorgeous green pret-a-portea gift box!
Pret-a-Portea is also available for delivery, via the lovely waiter on his pastiche scooter, (I'm soooo loving the scooter!)
This is a real indulgent treat, a great girlie afternoon out, in elegant surroundings. It will be the only time you have, Chanel, Anya Hindmarch, Paul Smith, YSL,Jean Paul Gaultier to name a few all on one table!
after my tea time treat, I headed over to Covent Garden, which was bathed in beautiful sunshine, and strolled around (walked off some of those cakes!)
before the show started.
Tap
It's hard to put into words what Tap Dogs is about, but I will try!..........
6 fit men tap their way through their working day on a building site!It's like a ballet, only it's tap dancing and the tap shoes are steel toe capped work boots!
Did I mention that the guys were Fit! (in sooo more ways than 1!)This show came out of Australia many years ago, and it is phenominal. Adam Garcia heads up the cast (chick flick lovers will remember him from Coyote Ugly, click here for a reminder!) and is accompanied by 5 other guys.
The show is 90 minutes long with no breaks, these guys have got some stamina!.....it's very fast, lots of scene changes with scafolding and the two girls who accompany the guys on drums & percussion are great.
During the course of the show you will see a synchronised tap dance whilst playing basketball, A tap duet, with one person taping upside down suspended above the stage, and a very clever take on singing in the rain! (if you book the front 4 rows in the stalls ~ you will get wet!)
Highly recommended, .... if Tapping's not your thing it's worth going just to see Adam Garcia, sweaty in a vest... well it made my night! (many apologies that this post is long!)

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I went to Pret-a-Portea a few years ago for my birthday... its so relaxing there and quiet isn't it.

Victoria x

Thursday, 1 July 2010

Tea & Tap.... & tempting treats!

was my Thursday afternoon. I'm working 6 days for the next few weeks, so Thursday afternoon I snuck out late afternoon and headed over to The Berkeley for a spot of Afternoon Tea before going to see Tap Dogs at the Lyceum Theatre, ....(another bargain ticket!)
Tea
I loved the Berkeley, understated elegance & glamour. Afternoon Tea at the Berkeley is not just any afternoon tea, it's Pret-a-Portea, the complete indulgent treat for any fashionista! The whole menu is derived from the Spring/Summer 10 season collection, all served up on classic Paul Smith china.
Tea is served in the Caramel Rooms, which served Tea and Drinks, I was a bit nervous of going on my own , but everyone was lovely, unrushed and very scrumptious. I whiled away a couple of hours drinking tea and eating some delicious sandwiches (crusts off of course!) and delectable desserts, browsing through a book and people watching!
This seasons collection features a Chanel Cookie Clog and an Anya Hindmarch bag!..... how cute.
I was unable to finish all my tea-time treats, They do top up the sandwiches and the tea frequently! so they gift box them up for you to takeaway in a gorgeous green pret-a-portea gift box!
Pret-a-Portea is also available for delivery, via the lovely waiter on his pastiche scooter, (I'm soooo loving the scooter!)
This is a real indulgent treat, a great girlie afternoon out, in elegant surroundings. It will be the only time you have, Chanel, Anya Hindmarch, Paul Smith, YSL,Jean Paul Gaultier to name a few all on one table!
after my tea time treat, I headed over to Covent Garden, which was bathed in beautiful sunshine, and strolled around (walked off some of those cakes!)
before the show started.
Tap
It's hard to put into words what Tap Dogs is about, but I will try!..........
6 fit men tap their way through their working day on a building site!It's like a ballet, only it's tap dancing and the tap shoes are steel toe capped work boots!
Did I mention that the guys were Fit! (in sooo more ways than 1!)This show came out of Australia many years ago, and it is phenominal. Adam Garcia heads up the cast (chick flick lovers will remember him from Coyote Ugly, click here for a reminder!) and is accompanied by 5 other guys.
The show is 90 minutes long with no breaks, these guys have got some stamina!.....it's very fast, lots of scene changes with scafolding and the two girls who accompany the guys on drums & percussion are great.
During the course of the show you will see a synchronised tap dance whilst playing basketball, A tap duet, with one person taping upside down suspended above the stage, and a very clever take on singing in the rain! (if you book the front 4 rows in the stalls ~ you will get wet!)
Highly recommended, .... if Tapping's not your thing it's worth going just to see Adam Garcia, sweaty in a vest... well it made my night! (many apologies that this post is long!)

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I went to Pret-a-Portea a few years ago for my birthday... its so relaxing there and quiet isn't it.

Victoria x