Monday, 22 August 2011

Ditto....

for any Ghost fans out there, they will know instantly what the title of this blog refers too.... Ghost is in my top 10 films, and never fails to make me cry!... so it was with much trepidation and armed with tissues that I went to see the stage version of this hit film recently.... hoping that it would live up to my expectations of the film, I wasn't disappointed and yes I did cry!.. with Dave Stewart (Eurythmics fame) writing the score & songsand accompanied by a relative unknown cast, (other than the gorgeous Richard Fleeshman) the stage show is unlike anything I have seen before ( and as you all know I may go to the theatre a little!)...the majority of backdrops are set to huge interactive videos & graphics, its very clever how it all mixes together, especially the subway scene....

The lighting and staging is exceptional, it really captures the 'ghost' essence from the film.... all the best bits are there if a little adapted for the stage.... potters wheel, righteous brothers singing unchained melody and the beautiful ending, Richard Fleeshman is amazing.... this is a must for fans of the movie.... you will laugh, you will cry and you will believe!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

You lucky thing. I loved this film. I think my friend and I went to see this film at least 3 times when it came out at the pictures. It is such a tear jerker, the only thing I found irritating was the way Demi was always pushing her hair back (or was that just me thinking that!!)

Florence and Mary said...

I keep telling Ben I neeeeed to go and see this!

Victoria xxxx

Monday, 22 August 2011

Ditto....

for any Ghost fans out there, they will know instantly what the title of this blog refers too.... Ghost is in my top 10 films, and never fails to make me cry!... so it was with much trepidation and armed with tissues that I went to see the stage version of this hit film recently.... hoping that it would live up to my expectations of the film, I wasn't disappointed and yes I did cry!.. with Dave Stewart (Eurythmics fame) writing the score & songsand accompanied by a relative unknown cast, (other than the gorgeous Richard Fleeshman) the stage show is unlike anything I have seen before ( and as you all know I may go to the theatre a little!)...the majority of backdrops are set to huge interactive videos & graphics, its very clever how it all mixes together, especially the subway scene....

The lighting and staging is exceptional, it really captures the 'ghost' essence from the film.... all the best bits are there if a little adapted for the stage.... potters wheel, righteous brothers singing unchained melody and the beautiful ending, Richard Fleeshman is amazing.... this is a must for fans of the movie.... you will laugh, you will cry and you will believe!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

You lucky thing. I loved this film. I think my friend and I went to see this film at least 3 times when it came out at the pictures. It is such a tear jerker, the only thing I found irritating was the way Demi was always pushing her hair back (or was that just me thinking that!!)

Florence and Mary said...

I keep telling Ben I neeeeed to go and see this!

Victoria xxxx