Wednesday saw me spending the afternoon in a kitchen in Hackney with Molly Bakes making pop cakes.
This was my birthday present along with the book from my brother & co..
Due to the recent unrest in London the evening workshop had been postponed to two afternoons. Unbeknown to me this meant that when I arrived I found out that my afternoon was going to be a 1:1 with M.
M launched Molly Bakes a couple of years ago and now provides Selfridges with its cake pops for their bakery.
the concept is simple... cake on a stick covered with chocolate coating!!.... if only... biggest lesson on cake pops is planning as there are a lot of stages to take a ball of cake to the finished product!... with some not always making it to the finish line....
What I loved about M was that she wasnt precious, she answers all questions, shares secrets and tips, and signed my book...I had a fabulous afternoon, not all was perfect, but that just added to the learning!... I now know what to do when the coating refuses to set... hold arm in fridge with said pop cake!... made over 24 pops, tea pots, tea cups, ice creams & donuts, which were a huge hit at work in the office next day!...
Thanks M for a great afternoon, good luck with the wedding and hope to see you at Netil Market soon....
check out M's website here... the book is delicious too..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, 27 August 2011
Poptastic Afternoon
Wednesday saw me spending the afternoon in a kitchen in Hackney with Molly Bakes making pop cakes.
This was my birthday present along with the book from my brother & co..
Due to the recent unrest in London the evening workshop had been postponed to two afternoons. Unbeknown to me this meant that when I arrived I found out that my afternoon was going to be a 1:1 with M.
M launched Molly Bakes a couple of years ago and now provides Selfridges with its cake pops for their bakery.
the concept is simple... cake on a stick covered with chocolate coating!!.... if only... biggest lesson on cake pops is planning as there are a lot of stages to take a ball of cake to the finished product!... with some not always making it to the finish line....
What I loved about M was that she wasnt precious, she answers all questions, shares secrets and tips, and signed my book...I had a fabulous afternoon, not all was perfect, but that just added to the learning!... I now know what to do when the coating refuses to set... hold arm in fridge with said pop cake!... made over 24 pops, tea pots, tea cups, ice creams & donuts, which were a huge hit at work in the office next day!...
Thanks M for a great afternoon, good luck with the wedding and hope to see you at Netil Market soon....
check out M's website here... the book is delicious too..
This was my birthday present along with the book from my brother & co..
Due to the recent unrest in London the evening workshop had been postponed to two afternoons. Unbeknown to me this meant that when I arrived I found out that my afternoon was going to be a 1:1 with M.
M launched Molly Bakes a couple of years ago and now provides Selfridges with its cake pops for their bakery.
the concept is simple... cake on a stick covered with chocolate coating!!.... if only... biggest lesson on cake pops is planning as there are a lot of stages to take a ball of cake to the finished product!... with some not always making it to the finish line....
What I loved about M was that she wasnt precious, she answers all questions, shares secrets and tips, and signed my book...I had a fabulous afternoon, not all was perfect, but that just added to the learning!... I now know what to do when the coating refuses to set... hold arm in fridge with said pop cake!... made over 24 pops, tea pots, tea cups, ice creams & donuts, which were a huge hit at work in the office next day!...
Thanks M for a great afternoon, good luck with the wedding and hope to see you at Netil Market soon....
check out M's website here... the book is delicious too..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment