Sunday, 7 August 2011

Vintage Birthday treats......

Last Sunday saw me & bruv age another year!.... due to the efficiency of my team it was the first year I didn't have to work the whole weekend posting the financial half year results.... so a day in the sunshine was
planned.
The birthday fairy was very kind and granted me lots of wonderful things;including artisan du chocolate salted caramel goodies, cath kidston treats for the kitchen, cupcake makes & books and a box of pierre herme macarons.

With the day to myself and the sun shining I headed upto London to browse the Vintage fair on the southbank.


The stalls were fantastic, and the atmosphere and styling created a real trip down memory lane.

I loved all the vintage cases. I spent a couple of hours just walking around before heading along the southbank towards London Bridge, where I diverted off at Borough Market for a spot of lunch in Roast.

Roast has been on my wish list for a while and I can say it lived up to my expectations and more..... absolutely divine. Sited above the market it has fabulous views across the city and the market. Sundays special is obviously a Roast dinner, but weekdays and Saturdays offer a varied menu, showcasing the finest and best ingredients available.

Roast dinner was a real treat for me, as its something I cook the least as its too much faffing for 1, so Roast beef with all the trimmings was a fabulous birthday treat, followed by raspberry & pear crumble with
custard.... mmmm i'm salivating typing this just from the memory!
A lovely day was rounded off with an evening spent with Brother & Co having fun.

3 comments:

Michela said...

Happy belated Birhtday!
x

Archies Mum said...

Happy birthday for last week. Sounds like you had a lovely day just bimbling and chilling. Lovely pressies you got, I'm sure you'll enjoy eating and using them xx

Florence and Mary said...

Looks like another fabulous birthday for you!

I'm exactly the same as you, I'll often cook a roast chicken but whenever I go out I always opt for roast beef as I rarely cook it for myself!

Victoria xxx

Sunday, 7 August 2011

Vintage Birthday treats......

Last Sunday saw me & bruv age another year!.... due to the efficiency of my team it was the first year I didn't have to work the whole weekend posting the financial half year results.... so a day in the sunshine was
planned.
The birthday fairy was very kind and granted me lots of wonderful things;including artisan du chocolate salted caramel goodies, cath kidston treats for the kitchen, cupcake makes & books and a box of pierre herme macarons.

With the day to myself and the sun shining I headed upto London to browse the Vintage fair on the southbank.


The stalls were fantastic, and the atmosphere and styling created a real trip down memory lane.

I loved all the vintage cases. I spent a couple of hours just walking around before heading along the southbank towards London Bridge, where I diverted off at Borough Market for a spot of lunch in Roast.

Roast has been on my wish list for a while and I can say it lived up to my expectations and more..... absolutely divine. Sited above the market it has fabulous views across the city and the market. Sundays special is obviously a Roast dinner, but weekdays and Saturdays offer a varied menu, showcasing the finest and best ingredients available.

Roast dinner was a real treat for me, as its something I cook the least as its too much faffing for 1, so Roast beef with all the trimmings was a fabulous birthday treat, followed by raspberry & pear crumble with
custard.... mmmm i'm salivating typing this just from the memory!
A lovely day was rounded off with an evening spent with Brother & Co having fun.

3 comments:

Michela said...

Happy belated Birhtday!
x

Archies Mum said...

Happy birthday for last week. Sounds like you had a lovely day just bimbling and chilling. Lovely pressies you got, I'm sure you'll enjoy eating and using them xx

Florence and Mary said...

Looks like another fabulous birthday for you!

I'm exactly the same as you, I'll often cook a roast chicken but whenever I go out I always opt for roast beef as I rarely cook it for myself!

Victoria xxx