Monday, 17 February 2014

Cupcakes & Kitties!

Today is my nieces's 11th birthday. I'm not sure where the time has gone but 11 years have passed since she arrived very quickly (nearly in the hospital carpark) screaming into the world. I think it set a precedent for what was to come, as she is a little chatterbox and full of beans!
Friday night she called me and asked if I could make her a birthday cake for her & her friends.... her only request was a giant chocolate cupcake. This did send me into slight manic mode, as I was working Saturday which only left Sunday. So a hastily pulled together cake was constructed!
As I couldn't finish work early today, I arranged to have a birthday breakfast with the little lady this morning. So cake and cards were delivered at 7.30 this morning to an excited birthday girl.
 Lib's favourite chocolate is the Ferrero Rocher which was my inspiration for the cake & cupcakes.
Thankfully it all came together and she was very pleased with her presents and treats.
I did have one near catastrophe, thankfully I had just finished boxing the cake up, so no damage was done....... Fitz took an active interest in the cake & its box!!.... inquisitive  little kitties & cakes don't always mix!!

 

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

Lucky girl to receive such an amazing cake!
Don't think my kitties would be into the contents, but, oh they love a box!
Z xx

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Amazing cake, T - you are soooo clever! x

Monday, 17 February 2014

Cupcakes & Kitties!

Today is my nieces's 11th birthday. I'm not sure where the time has gone but 11 years have passed since she arrived very quickly (nearly in the hospital carpark) screaming into the world. I think it set a precedent for what was to come, as she is a little chatterbox and full of beans!
Friday night she called me and asked if I could make her a birthday cake for her & her friends.... her only request was a giant chocolate cupcake. This did send me into slight manic mode, as I was working Saturday which only left Sunday. So a hastily pulled together cake was constructed!
As I couldn't finish work early today, I arranged to have a birthday breakfast with the little lady this morning. So cake and cards were delivered at 7.30 this morning to an excited birthday girl.
 Lib's favourite chocolate is the Ferrero Rocher which was my inspiration for the cake & cupcakes.
Thankfully it all came together and she was very pleased with her presents and treats.
I did have one near catastrophe, thankfully I had just finished boxing the cake up, so no damage was done....... Fitz took an active interest in the cake & its box!!.... inquisitive  little kitties & cakes don't always mix!!

 

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

Lucky girl to receive such an amazing cake!
Don't think my kitties would be into the contents, but, oh they love a box!
Z xx

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Amazing cake, T - you are soooo clever! x