Saturday, 1 February 2014

#Project Life 2014 ~ January

So a twelfth of 2014 has passed and it what a blur it was!. January is never much different for me and this year it has been even more stressful. Hopefully this will be my last weekend at work and I can start to enjoy February and catch-up on life, friends and sleep!
Although the majority of January was spent at my desk, I did manage some down time and have fun.
January saw me try some new things with my blog and launch some features which will appear monthly this year.
Here's a re-cap :-
Social media has provided lots of entertainment and fun for me during Jan, starting with this funny tweet and response from the lovely James Haskell (England rugby player) as my Jan feature on my calendar.
It was lovely to see my friend Ali back on the social circuit after a Dr endorsed hiatus over the holiday period... knowing how much she loves inspirational quotes and the family being big fans of Mr Selfridge a little yellow gift box found its way to her door to brighten january.
It was also lovely to catchup in person with my blogging/twitter friend Caroline who popped into the big yellow store with her mum and we grabbed a cheeky glass of wine and a gossip.. so lovely to see them both.
This month also saw the family get together to celebrate my cousin's sons 21st birthday. Lewis lives 'up north' so doesn't get down to us often due to university and home commitments to it was extra special that he came down and spent his birthday weekend with us. As a huge Dr Who fan, I teleported together special Dr cupcakes just for the occasion.
Over the last 4 weekends when driving into work I have parked up at the same spot along the embankment and enjoyed the fresh air and admired the view. Each week I have taken a picture to record the changing tides. The river has been a talking point this month due to persistent rain that has deluged the country this month.
Finally I would like to thank H&M and my team for the fabulous new shots of David Beckham in his pants .... not many men could make grey smalls look to effortlessly sexy but he manages to tick all the boxes. I have on several occasions this month found these pics in paperwork or tacked to desk when returning from challenging meetings along with a cup of coffee and a cupcake. My team really do know me well!!!.... its the little things that often mean the most!
As February dawns I have set myself 5 things to do.
  1. Alarm to go off later than 4.45am at least once a week
  2. be home before 8pm at least once a week
  3. Spend a Sunday on the sofa and not at my desk
  4. Eat a dinner that doesn't ping in the microwave or arrive via the toaster.
  5. See my friends .....x
    Hope you have all had a jolly January.... here's to a fabulous February.
    .... pop back tomorrow for my Social media Sunday... 14 treats on the ipad during January.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Was lovely to see you, too, Teresa - best of luck with your February goals. I cannot believe the hours you work - I'd be on my knees! x

Saturday, 1 February 2014

#Project Life 2014 ~ January

So a twelfth of 2014 has passed and it what a blur it was!. January is never much different for me and this year it has been even more stressful. Hopefully this will be my last weekend at work and I can start to enjoy February and catch-up on life, friends and sleep!
Although the majority of January was spent at my desk, I did manage some down time and have fun.
January saw me try some new things with my blog and launch some features which will appear monthly this year.
Here's a re-cap :-
Social media has provided lots of entertainment and fun for me during Jan, starting with this funny tweet and response from the lovely James Haskell (England rugby player) as my Jan feature on my calendar.
It was lovely to see my friend Ali back on the social circuit after a Dr endorsed hiatus over the holiday period... knowing how much she loves inspirational quotes and the family being big fans of Mr Selfridge a little yellow gift box found its way to her door to brighten january.
It was also lovely to catchup in person with my blogging/twitter friend Caroline who popped into the big yellow store with her mum and we grabbed a cheeky glass of wine and a gossip.. so lovely to see them both.
This month also saw the family get together to celebrate my cousin's sons 21st birthday. Lewis lives 'up north' so doesn't get down to us often due to university and home commitments to it was extra special that he came down and spent his birthday weekend with us. As a huge Dr Who fan, I teleported together special Dr cupcakes just for the occasion.
Over the last 4 weekends when driving into work I have parked up at the same spot along the embankment and enjoyed the fresh air and admired the view. Each week I have taken a picture to record the changing tides. The river has been a talking point this month due to persistent rain that has deluged the country this month.
Finally I would like to thank H&M and my team for the fabulous new shots of David Beckham in his pants .... not many men could make grey smalls look to effortlessly sexy but he manages to tick all the boxes. I have on several occasions this month found these pics in paperwork or tacked to desk when returning from challenging meetings along with a cup of coffee and a cupcake. My team really do know me well!!!.... its the little things that often mean the most!
As February dawns I have set myself 5 things to do.
  1. Alarm to go off later than 4.45am at least once a week
  2. be home before 8pm at least once a week
  3. Spend a Sunday on the sofa and not at my desk
  4. Eat a dinner that doesn't ping in the microwave or arrive via the toaster.
  5. See my friends .....x
    Hope you have all had a jolly January.... here's to a fabulous February.
    .... pop back tomorrow for my Social media Sunday... 14 treats on the ipad during January.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Was lovely to see you, too, Teresa - best of luck with your February goals. I cannot believe the hours you work - I'd be on my knees! x