Monday, 22 June 2015

A dream night for a book-lover...

This week saw me catch-up with my lovely friend Ali..... what started as a planned lunch turned into a late lunch/early dinner and a book launch! How do you ask?... easy, my friend is Ali McNamara  author of 5 books … and very soon to be 6!
Ali and I met through social media after her 1st book and bonded over the love of New York, Richard Curtis movies, and books. It's been some time since we caught up in person, which we did over a fab dinner on the roof of Selfridges ( for a later blog post!)…. I then joined Ali for an evening celebrating the launch of Giovanna Fletcher's new book Dream a Little Dream at Penguin books on The Strand…. Not a usual Thursday night after work.
Giovanna's party was held on the 10th floor offering the most fabulous views of the city along the river from the balconies hugging the function room. Inside, the space was festooned with bunting, and stunning floral displays complimenting the books cover and style. Along with this the tables were decked with roses, cupcakes, Nutella and ferreo rocher (my niece would have been in 7th heaven!) all again complimenting the books displayed.
Giovanna is of course married to Tom Fletcher and mum to Buzz who were both in attendance along with the rest of the McBusted boys and a few other well-known faces; including Emma Willis and husband Matt and Gi's brother Mario. (fans of Towie will of course recognise). Tom was very much the proud husband, snapping away on his camera during the evening as well as chasing after Buzz!
I was as equally excited if not more thrilled to meet some of my favourite authors who were also in attendance. These included Carole Matthews, Ali Harris, Paige Toon, Dorothy Koomson and Eleanor Moran. I spent much of the evening talking to Carole, Ali and Ali which was fun and involved lots of chatter about Christmas, Selfridges, and of course books. I also got to meet the "lovely kev" husband of Carole, who is featured in many tweets. 
Views & goodie bag from Penguin books
It really was a book-lovers perfect evening, meeting up with so many people who's words have transported me to other worlds. All these ladies have, whilst I have either been commuting on the tube, curled up in an armchair on a lazy sunday afternoon or keeping me company whilst travelling...
 thank-you it was so much fun to meet you all. 
I had a lovely evening... Congratulations Giovanna on a fab launch, looking forward to reading the book... thanks Ali for a fab night.. looking forward to celebrating your 6th at the end of July x

Monday, 22 June 2015

A dream night for a book-lover...

This week saw me catch-up with my lovely friend Ali..... what started as a planned lunch turned into a late lunch/early dinner and a book launch! How do you ask?... easy, my friend is Ali McNamara  author of 5 books … and very soon to be 6!
Ali and I met through social media after her 1st book and bonded over the love of New York, Richard Curtis movies, and books. It's been some time since we caught up in person, which we did over a fab dinner on the roof of Selfridges ( for a later blog post!)…. I then joined Ali for an evening celebrating the launch of Giovanna Fletcher's new book Dream a Little Dream at Penguin books on The Strand…. Not a usual Thursday night after work.
Giovanna's party was held on the 10th floor offering the most fabulous views of the city along the river from the balconies hugging the function room. Inside, the space was festooned with bunting, and stunning floral displays complimenting the books cover and style. Along with this the tables were decked with roses, cupcakes, Nutella and ferreo rocher (my niece would have been in 7th heaven!) all again complimenting the books displayed.
Giovanna is of course married to Tom Fletcher and mum to Buzz who were both in attendance along with the rest of the McBusted boys and a few other well-known faces; including Emma Willis and husband Matt and Gi's brother Mario. (fans of Towie will of course recognise). Tom was very much the proud husband, snapping away on his camera during the evening as well as chasing after Buzz!
I was as equally excited if not more thrilled to meet some of my favourite authors who were also in attendance. These included Carole Matthews, Ali Harris, Paige Toon, Dorothy Koomson and Eleanor Moran. I spent much of the evening talking to Carole, Ali and Ali which was fun and involved lots of chatter about Christmas, Selfridges, and of course books. I also got to meet the "lovely kev" husband of Carole, who is featured in many tweets. 
Views & goodie bag from Penguin books
It really was a book-lovers perfect evening, meeting up with so many people who's words have transported me to other worlds. All these ladies have, whilst I have either been commuting on the tube, curled up in an armchair on a lazy sunday afternoon or keeping me company whilst travelling...
 thank-you it was so much fun to meet you all. 
I had a lovely evening... Congratulations Giovanna on a fab launch, looking forward to reading the book... thanks Ali for a fab night.. looking forward to celebrating your 6th at the end of July x