Thursday, 11 June 2015

Chelsea Flower Show - flowers & fauna

Part two of my afternoon adventures at Chelsea Flower Show concentrates on the big white tent otherwise known as the Great Pavilion.
The Great Pavilion is 11,775 square metres,(2.9 metres) and big enough to park 500 London buses!
In previous visits I have often been a little overwhelmed in the great pavilion due to the volume of people, however this year it was much easier to walk around and view the exhibits.
There was so many exhibits and I took lots of photo's, here are some of my favourite's;
As previously blogged from the show gardens, vintage and old flowers had a huge revival at this years chelsea and I definitely swayed towards these this year. They evoke so many memories both visually and through their scents of so many fabulous moments in my Gramps's garden and allotment.
The greenhouse showcasing the vintage flask, and gardening tools bought a big lump to the throat and tear to eye as this could have been lifted from my nan and granddads house, especially filled with the scent of tomatoes ... The clematis along the shed and trellis was just gorgeous and my nan would have adored it.
Roses are a huge draw for me, and no-one does roses quite like David Austin, however roses were used showcased across many stands and the beautiful display in amongst the ruins of an old building reminded me of the lovely abbey gardens in Bury St Edmunds.
Another area of the Pavilion that I loved was the Best Hotel Floristry exhibit, the mix of roses, teacups and books was a huge hit for me, however my favourite was the gold medal winner from the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel. showcasing a traditional afternoon tea alongside stunning tea roses in hues of tea, cream and red...
Interflora took the whole tea theme to a completely different level with giant teapot, cups, cupcakes and huge jammie dodgers!!
Delicious x

Whilst walking around the pavilion I spotted Carol Klein filming a segway for that evenings BBC show against the backdrop of a bed of beautiful irises and a gorgeous artists studio.
The marks and spencer's stand showcased all types of flowers in hues of pinks and meaves. The wall of sweet williams and the peonies in teacups was delightful.
Another little garden space I adored was the cute little hut in a garden of lupins, and irises, a real cottage garden feel.
This really was a Chelsea Flower show that ticked all my boxes and one that my nan & gramps would have loved.
Thank-you to all the exhibitors and the hard work and dedication that went into staging such a beautiful show. Congratulations to all the winners, much deserved.
... Looking forward to next year.








No comments:

Thursday, 11 June 2015

Chelsea Flower Show - flowers & fauna

Part two of my afternoon adventures at Chelsea Flower Show concentrates on the big white tent otherwise known as the Great Pavilion.
The Great Pavilion is 11,775 square metres,(2.9 metres) and big enough to park 500 London buses!
In previous visits I have often been a little overwhelmed in the great pavilion due to the volume of people, however this year it was much easier to walk around and view the exhibits.
There was so many exhibits and I took lots of photo's, here are some of my favourite's;
As previously blogged from the show gardens, vintage and old flowers had a huge revival at this years chelsea and I definitely swayed towards these this year. They evoke so many memories both visually and through their scents of so many fabulous moments in my Gramps's garden and allotment.
The greenhouse showcasing the vintage flask, and gardening tools bought a big lump to the throat and tear to eye as this could have been lifted from my nan and granddads house, especially filled with the scent of tomatoes ... The clematis along the shed and trellis was just gorgeous and my nan would have adored it.
Roses are a huge draw for me, and no-one does roses quite like David Austin, however roses were used showcased across many stands and the beautiful display in amongst the ruins of an old building reminded me of the lovely abbey gardens in Bury St Edmunds.
Another area of the Pavilion that I loved was the Best Hotel Floristry exhibit, the mix of roses, teacups and books was a huge hit for me, however my favourite was the gold medal winner from the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel. showcasing a traditional afternoon tea alongside stunning tea roses in hues of tea, cream and red...
Interflora took the whole tea theme to a completely different level with giant teapot, cups, cupcakes and huge jammie dodgers!!
Delicious x

Whilst walking around the pavilion I spotted Carol Klein filming a segway for that evenings BBC show against the backdrop of a bed of beautiful irises and a gorgeous artists studio.
The marks and spencer's stand showcased all types of flowers in hues of pinks and meaves. The wall of sweet williams and the peonies in teacups was delightful.
Another little garden space I adored was the cute little hut in a garden of lupins, and irises, a real cottage garden feel.
This really was a Chelsea Flower show that ticked all my boxes and one that my nan & gramps would have loved.
Thank-you to all the exhibitors and the hard work and dedication that went into staging such a beautiful show. Congratulations to all the winners, much deserved.
... Looking forward to next year.








No comments: