Saturday, 9 January 2016

2015 you were fabulous...

January is always a month of reflection for me and a time to take stock and reflect on the previous year before making any big changes... its also a chance to share some favourites from the previous year. Here's 15 favs from 2015;
1. January saw me visit the newly opened Sky Garden at the top of 20 Fenchurch Street. Its become one of my favourite places in London in 2015.
2, Lunch at the Ritz was on the menu in March for a friends 60th birthday. Beautiful surroundings, fab food and lots of fun.
3. 2015 saw me drive a new Fiat 500 off the forecourt and I have loved every minute of driving Taylor over the year.
4. Book fun with some author friends  (and a few pop stars!!) was the perfect way to spend a summer evening.
5. Something that is becoming a regular annual treat is a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show.... glorious in every way.
6. An absolute bucket list moment when I saw the divine Miss M live - Bette Midler an absolute superstar.
7. 2015 saw Spandau Ballet reform and travel the world with a fabulous show, me and the girls had a fabulous night reliving our youth and singing our heads off.
8. Claridges is becoming another favourite treat and a birthday breakfast was topped off with a cute macaroon birthday patisserie.

9.September saw me attend the premiere of the Rugby movie Building Jerusalem, where I met the gorgeous Jonny Wilkinson.
10.Being gifted a corporate ticket for the opening ceremony of the Rugby World cup was pretty spectacular and I loved it all.
11. Culmination of the world cup saw the All Blacks take the Webb Ellis trophy - during the tournament I saw the NZ team play twice and I got to see another rugby hero Dan Carter.
12. A dark misty night was the perfect setting to meet the author Patricia Cornwell in November and listen to her talk about one of my favourite book series of all time - the Scarpetta novels.
13. New York - probably one of my favourite visits and everyday was an adventure; including a trip to Washington.
14 - Back to Claridges for Christmas this time and a lovely festive breakfast in gorgeous surroundings..
15 - December saw Duran Duran take to the stage for one night and an opportunity to feel 14 all over again.They absolutely rocked the roof off and I had a fabulous time.... the perfect final treat for 2015.
As you can see 2015 was pretty fabulous and along with doing some amazing things, I got to spend some time with friends and family. 2015 was kind to me, but many of my friends weren't so lucky and for 2016 I wish it to be happier and healthier, filled with love, friendship and lots of love.

2 comments:

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Wow has the sky garden really been open almost a year? I still haven't been! x

Pennyblossoms said...

OK, yes, I'm going hell for leather here. I'm on a roll, thank goodness I've noticed the kitties in the next post. I was getting a tad concerned!
Your 2015 really was fabulous! With a capital F.A.B.
What a great selection of 'things' {understatement, or what?}, you did last year. Cannot wait to see how you top it this year!
I do hope that one year I will get to see the Chelsea Flower Show in the flesh, so to speak. I am quite happy seeing it on TV, getting in close up and without the crowds. But, oh, to smell all those plants must be olfactory overload. Bliss!
Zxx

Saturday, 9 January 2016

2015 you were fabulous...

January is always a month of reflection for me and a time to take stock and reflect on the previous year before making any big changes... its also a chance to share some favourites from the previous year. Here's 15 favs from 2015;
1. January saw me visit the newly opened Sky Garden at the top of 20 Fenchurch Street. Its become one of my favourite places in London in 2015.
2, Lunch at the Ritz was on the menu in March for a friends 60th birthday. Beautiful surroundings, fab food and lots of fun.
3. 2015 saw me drive a new Fiat 500 off the forecourt and I have loved every minute of driving Taylor over the year.
4. Book fun with some author friends  (and a few pop stars!!) was the perfect way to spend a summer evening.
5. Something that is becoming a regular annual treat is a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show.... glorious in every way.
6. An absolute bucket list moment when I saw the divine Miss M live - Bette Midler an absolute superstar.
7. 2015 saw Spandau Ballet reform and travel the world with a fabulous show, me and the girls had a fabulous night reliving our youth and singing our heads off.
8. Claridges is becoming another favourite treat and a birthday breakfast was topped off with a cute macaroon birthday patisserie.

9.September saw me attend the premiere of the Rugby movie Building Jerusalem, where I met the gorgeous Jonny Wilkinson.
10.Being gifted a corporate ticket for the opening ceremony of the Rugby World cup was pretty spectacular and I loved it all.
11. Culmination of the world cup saw the All Blacks take the Webb Ellis trophy - during the tournament I saw the NZ team play twice and I got to see another rugby hero Dan Carter.
12. A dark misty night was the perfect setting to meet the author Patricia Cornwell in November and listen to her talk about one of my favourite book series of all time - the Scarpetta novels.
13. New York - probably one of my favourite visits and everyday was an adventure; including a trip to Washington.
14 - Back to Claridges for Christmas this time and a lovely festive breakfast in gorgeous surroundings..
15 - December saw Duran Duran take to the stage for one night and an opportunity to feel 14 all over again.They absolutely rocked the roof off and I had a fabulous time.... the perfect final treat for 2015.
As you can see 2015 was pretty fabulous and along with doing some amazing things, I got to spend some time with friends and family. 2015 was kind to me, but many of my friends weren't so lucky and for 2016 I wish it to be happier and healthier, filled with love, friendship and lots of love.

2 comments:

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Wow has the sky garden really been open almost a year? I still haven't been! x

Pennyblossoms said...

OK, yes, I'm going hell for leather here. I'm on a roll, thank goodness I've noticed the kitties in the next post. I was getting a tad concerned!
Your 2015 really was fabulous! With a capital F.A.B.
What a great selection of 'things' {understatement, or what?}, you did last year. Cannot wait to see how you top it this year!
I do hope that one year I will get to see the Chelsea Flower Show in the flesh, so to speak. I am quite happy seeing it on TV, getting in close up and without the crowds. But, oh, to smell all those plants must be olfactory overload. Bliss!
Zxx