Monday, 16 May 2016

Guilty pleasure .....

A few weeks ago I spent a lovely evening with my friend C celebrating her birthday with some fabulous food and then an evening of entertainment at the Royal Albert Hall. It is ages since we both have caught up in much detail and it was nice to spend some time chatting over dinner before we headed to what is one of my favourite venues in London. 
I had booked for her birthday tickets to see Michael Bolton, now those that know me well and have followed my blog over the years will know that this isn't the first time that I have seen MB and it a bit of a guilty pleasure for both me & C.
On arrival at the venue we had a little problem with our seat, and the lovely man was able to accommodate us by moving us and we ended up in a box for the night!...so much fun!

With Gabrielle warming up the crowd Michael opened to a lively audience of which he serenaded, rocked and crooned his way through an impressive set list. What I like about seeing MB in concert is that his sets are incredibly varied, an acclaimed songwriter he has the ability to cover multiple genres and generations with his songs that he has written for himself as well as others.
Set list for the evening included;
·         To Love Somebody
·         Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
·         Said I loved you but I lied
·         That's Life
·         You Don’t know me
·         Nessun Dorma
·         When a man loves a women
·         To make you feel my love
·         Time, Love & Tenderness.
We had a fabulous evening, singing and dancing along with many others and have no doubt that we will book again to see Michael when he tours again.


No comments:

Monday, 16 May 2016

Guilty pleasure .....

A few weeks ago I spent a lovely evening with my friend C celebrating her birthday with some fabulous food and then an evening of entertainment at the Royal Albert Hall. It is ages since we both have caught up in much detail and it was nice to spend some time chatting over dinner before we headed to what is one of my favourite venues in London. 
I had booked for her birthday tickets to see Michael Bolton, now those that know me well and have followed my blog over the years will know that this isn't the first time that I have seen MB and it a bit of a guilty pleasure for both me & C.
On arrival at the venue we had a little problem with our seat, and the lovely man was able to accommodate us by moving us and we ended up in a box for the night!...so much fun!

With Gabrielle warming up the crowd Michael opened to a lively audience of which he serenaded, rocked and crooned his way through an impressive set list. What I like about seeing MB in concert is that his sets are incredibly varied, an acclaimed songwriter he has the ability to cover multiple genres and generations with his songs that he has written for himself as well as others.
Set list for the evening included;
·         To Love Somebody
·         Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
·         Said I loved you but I lied
·         That's Life
·         You Don’t know me
·         Nessun Dorma
·         When a man loves a women
·         To make you feel my love
·         Time, Love & Tenderness.
We had a fabulous evening, singing and dancing along with many others and have no doubt that we will book again to see Michael when he tours again.


No comments: