Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Farewell May....

How we are heading into the 6th month of the year is quite amazing, this year is
passing so quickly. May was a month for me filled with some big decisions, some travel, fun and a reminder that friendships are very special. May also saw me catch-up on some blog posts from previous months, I was on a role until I lost broadband at home for 10 days which made me realise how dependant our lives have become on technology & wifi, so I still have a backlog of posts which I am slowly working my way through.
So where do I start!.... May saw me celebrate 10 years of being at the big yellow store, I have had an amazing adventure at the home of Mr Selfridge, but my adventure is coming to an end as I have made the decision to leave and start a new adventure with a new family. From August I will be joining the Fenwick family on Bond Street in a new role. This is hugely exciting and has been a really big decision for me, it's one that has taken up lots of sleep, and counsel with my closest friends over the past few weeks along with lots of meetings and discussions once the big decision was made. Aside from this work has been busy with new launches, a celeb guest appearance from Kendal Jenner to launch the new estee edit range and I also have spent lots of time exploring the streets of London on my walk to and from work.
Last month I spent a Saturday afternoon walking the streets of Hampstead with Emily and some of her makelight ladies, this month I spent a lovely afternoon exploring Kew green and gardens with Emily and some new makelight ladies… pop back later this month when I will share more of my day.
May saw 2 weekends filled with big Rugby adventures as Saracens reached the finals of both the European Champions Cup and the Aviva Premiership cup… the champions cup was held in Lyon. I had a fab 24 hours in the French countryside. The Aviva premiership was a little closer to home in West London at Twickenham on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Both games Saracens were the victors, sealing the double in Europe and the Uk which has made for lots of celebrations. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at both games, even if Sarries did make for a nail biting finish in both games!
Closer to home I have been enjoying some down time reading, walking, catching up with friends and enjoying some relatively good weather (although today is quite horrid).
May also saw me book a holiday for next year with my Aunt, not only has she managed to get me away from my desk for 16 days, she has also managed to get me to agree to going on a ship!... we have booked to cruise the Baltics, travelling to St Petersburg and then back via Sweden / Norway… so I'm swotting up on my Danish & Russian, with Wallander, The Killing and war & Peace cued up on my kindle & ipad.
May saw London awash with floral displays to coincide with the Chelsea Flower show, I enjoyed a couple of early morning walks photographing some of my favourites; Claridges, Peggy Porschen, and The Ivy Garden on the Kings Road. (separate blog post to follow). The Kits turns 3 in May and Fitz passed the day sleeping and Darcy spent it trying to eat my peonies that I bought back from France!.... I have so many blog posts to share, I hope that you pop back over the coming weeks to read more of my adventures from the month along with regular features. I hope that May has been filled with lots of lovely things and I look forward to sharing June with you ... 

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oooohhhh, how exciting - a new job! Can't wait to hear more about it :) xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Congrats on the new job, sounds exciting. My mum is always going on about Fenwicks as that was her fave place to visit when she worked in London apparently! That said I've never been (I don't think!) and it's somewhere on my list to do some visiting of.

Victoria xx
FlorenceandMary.com

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Oh wow good luck with the job change! I can't imagine working in the same place for 10 years so must be strange! Xx

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Farewell May....

How we are heading into the 6th month of the year is quite amazing, this year is
passing so quickly. May was a month for me filled with some big decisions, some travel, fun and a reminder that friendships are very special. May also saw me catch-up on some blog posts from previous months, I was on a role until I lost broadband at home for 10 days which made me realise how dependant our lives have become on technology & wifi, so I still have a backlog of posts which I am slowly working my way through.
So where do I start!.... May saw me celebrate 10 years of being at the big yellow store, I have had an amazing adventure at the home of Mr Selfridge, but my adventure is coming to an end as I have made the decision to leave and start a new adventure with a new family. From August I will be joining the Fenwick family on Bond Street in a new role. This is hugely exciting and has been a really big decision for me, it's one that has taken up lots of sleep, and counsel with my closest friends over the past few weeks along with lots of meetings and discussions once the big decision was made. Aside from this work has been busy with new launches, a celeb guest appearance from Kendal Jenner to launch the new estee edit range and I also have spent lots of time exploring the streets of London on my walk to and from work.
Last month I spent a Saturday afternoon walking the streets of Hampstead with Emily and some of her makelight ladies, this month I spent a lovely afternoon exploring Kew green and gardens with Emily and some new makelight ladies… pop back later this month when I will share more of my day.
May saw 2 weekends filled with big Rugby adventures as Saracens reached the finals of both the European Champions Cup and the Aviva Premiership cup… the champions cup was held in Lyon. I had a fab 24 hours in the French countryside. The Aviva premiership was a little closer to home in West London at Twickenham on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Both games Saracens were the victors, sealing the double in Europe and the Uk which has made for lots of celebrations. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at both games, even if Sarries did make for a nail biting finish in both games!
Closer to home I have been enjoying some down time reading, walking, catching up with friends and enjoying some relatively good weather (although today is quite horrid).
May also saw me book a holiday for next year with my Aunt, not only has she managed to get me away from my desk for 16 days, she has also managed to get me to agree to going on a ship!... we have booked to cruise the Baltics, travelling to St Petersburg and then back via Sweden / Norway… so I'm swotting up on my Danish & Russian, with Wallander, The Killing and war & Peace cued up on my kindle & ipad.
May saw London awash with floral displays to coincide with the Chelsea Flower show, I enjoyed a couple of early morning walks photographing some of my favourites; Claridges, Peggy Porschen, and The Ivy Garden on the Kings Road. (separate blog post to follow). The Kits turns 3 in May and Fitz passed the day sleeping and Darcy spent it trying to eat my peonies that I bought back from France!.... I have so many blog posts to share, I hope that you pop back over the coming weeks to read more of my adventures from the month along with regular features. I hope that May has been filled with lots of lovely things and I look forward to sharing June with you ... 

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oooohhhh, how exciting - a new job! Can't wait to hear more about it :) xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Congrats on the new job, sounds exciting. My mum is always going on about Fenwicks as that was her fave place to visit when she worked in London apparently! That said I've never been (I don't think!) and it's somewhere on my list to do some visiting of.

Victoria xx
FlorenceandMary.com

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Oh wow good luck with the job change! I can't imagine working in the same place for 10 years so must be strange! Xx