Recently having spent a Saturday morning at my desk, I escaped into the back streets of the west end of London to explore some of the hidden delights of the city. I had seen and liked a number of Instagram images of mews's and hidden squares and gardens and was keen to explore these.
My first stop was in Connaught Square where I fell in love with the most gorgeous house covered in climbing roses and wisteria. It was hard to get a picture front facing as the road is quite busy, but I will definitely pop back later in the summer to see what else this gorgeous house blooms.
I can't describe to you how delightful this mews was filled with most gorgeous window boxes, planters and flowers, along with gorgeous painted doors and garages. Whilst enjoying this little hidden slice of London I was surprised to hear horses hooves, until I saw a small riding group using the mews as a cut through to their stables nearby.
I hope that you have enjoyed my hidden slice of London - pop back later in the month when I share some more London delights.


No comments:
Post a Comment