Friday, 29 May 2009

socks or scarf ?

My friends have often likened me to Nigella (east end version!) however recently Kirstie has been added into the mix. (not for property buying alas but for her Homemade series!)I am a bit of a maker, i think it was a childhood in the brownies & guides!...and spending the majority of my time at my grandparents.
Nan was the Baker and Gramps was the Maker. He taught me to knit at a very young age, along with needlepoint and rug making. Gramps taught himself to knit during the war and continued well into his 80's. I don't knit often now and when the needles come out I know that I am really stressed. I have in recent weeks knitted a bag! It is currently sitting on my table awaiting "finishing-off" my least favourite part of knitting and something Gramps & I always passed over to nan....

In my quest to seek out things to occupy my time I have stumbled on this... I don't have much confidence so once I've plucked up the courage to walk in the door I'm taking myself off to this fab looking shop for knitting & gossip!... I picked up the knitting journal recently for £2 in a charity shop...what a bargain! I have been exploring other cupcake & crafting opportunities in London so watch this space....

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Thanks for the link to the knitting in London site... I've just picked up my knitting needles again with the help of my mum!

Victoria x

debbie@countryheartandhome.com said...

Cant wait to see how youre getting on with the knitting and crocheting :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

Friday, 29 May 2009

socks or scarf ?

My friends have often likened me to Nigella (east end version!) however recently Kirstie has been added into the mix. (not for property buying alas but for her Homemade series!)I am a bit of a maker, i think it was a childhood in the brownies & guides!...and spending the majority of my time at my grandparents.
Nan was the Baker and Gramps was the Maker. He taught me to knit at a very young age, along with needlepoint and rug making. Gramps taught himself to knit during the war and continued well into his 80's. I don't knit often now and when the needles come out I know that I am really stressed. I have in recent weeks knitted a bag! It is currently sitting on my table awaiting "finishing-off" my least favourite part of knitting and something Gramps & I always passed over to nan....

In my quest to seek out things to occupy my time I have stumbled on this... I don't have much confidence so once I've plucked up the courage to walk in the door I'm taking myself off to this fab looking shop for knitting & gossip!... I picked up the knitting journal recently for £2 in a charity shop...what a bargain! I have been exploring other cupcake & crafting opportunities in London so watch this space....

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Thanks for the link to the knitting in London site... I've just picked up my knitting needles again with the help of my mum!

Victoria x

debbie@countryheartandhome.com said...

Cant wait to see how youre getting on with the knitting and crocheting :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)