Friday, 26 November 2010

Guilty Pleasure...

this man has already been outed twice as a guilty pleasure for me on my blog, but yes a night at the Royal Albert Hall with Michael Bolton was had by us girls and gbf this week... The man was as good as ever, a fab night out for us all. This was the first of a few outings for us on the run upto Christmas... so much frivolity to be had!
I jumped on the 9 bus down from Green Park which is now being fleeted by the old routemasters.. how fabulous! just like i remembered as a child!
I joined the girls at the beautiful building of the Royal Albert Hall for a spot of dinner prior to the performance. We dined in the Coda Restaurant which is Pru Leith's and it was gorgeous. I had  Slow roasted star anis and cinnamon glazed pork belly, green apple puree, carrot puree, glazed baby carrots, parisian potatoes & tarrogon jus. with crackling! It was yummy... I devoured it before I could take a pic!
This is the restaurant... we all fell in love with the chandeliers... (did try to slip one into the mulberry but bag wasn't big enough!)
Show started and MB was amazing... he has such a wide range of songs from his album collection, that you flit from ballards, to vintage to opera to rock all in a couple of hours.... here are few of my favs from the night:
Said I loved you but I lied,
You don't know me
For Once in my Life
How am I supposed to live without you,
Nessum Dorma which gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.... and
this... which got me very excited, especially as I will be there in 25 days time!!

A great night was had by all... can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Friday, 26 November 2010

Guilty Pleasure...

this man has already been outed twice as a guilty pleasure for me on my blog, but yes a night at the Royal Albert Hall with Michael Bolton was had by us girls and gbf this week... The man was as good as ever, a fab night out for us all. This was the first of a few outings for us on the run upto Christmas... so much frivolity to be had!
I jumped on the 9 bus down from Green Park which is now being fleeted by the old routemasters.. how fabulous! just like i remembered as a child!
I joined the girls at the beautiful building of the Royal Albert Hall for a spot of dinner prior to the performance. We dined in the Coda Restaurant which is Pru Leith's and it was gorgeous. I had  Slow roasted star anis and cinnamon glazed pork belly, green apple puree, carrot puree, glazed baby carrots, parisian potatoes & tarrogon jus. with crackling! It was yummy... I devoured it before I could take a pic!
This is the restaurant... we all fell in love with the chandeliers... (did try to slip one into the mulberry but bag wasn't big enough!)
Show started and MB was amazing... he has such a wide range of songs from his album collection, that you flit from ballards, to vintage to opera to rock all in a couple of hours.... here are few of my favs from the night:
Said I loved you but I lied,
You don't know me
For Once in my Life
How am I supposed to live without you,
Nessum Dorma which gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.... and
this... which got me very excited, especially as I will be there in 25 days time!!

A great night was had by all... can't wait for the next one!

No comments: