Sunday, 7 August 2011

Vintage Birthday treats......

Last Sunday saw me & bruv age another year!.... due to the efficiency of my team it was the first year I didn't have to work the whole weekend posting the financial half year results.... so a day in the sunshine was
planned.
The birthday fairy was very kind and granted me lots of wonderful things;including artisan du chocolate salted caramel goodies, cath kidston treats for the kitchen, cupcake makes & books and a box of pierre herme macarons.

With the day to myself and the sun shining I headed upto London to browse the Vintage fair on the southbank.


The stalls were fantastic, and the atmosphere and styling created a real trip down memory lane.

I loved all the vintage cases. I spent a couple of hours just walking around before heading along the southbank towards London Bridge, where I diverted off at Borough Market for a spot of lunch in Roast.

Roast has been on my wish list for a while and I can say it lived up to my expectations and more..... absolutely divine. Sited above the market it has fabulous views across the city and the market. Sundays special is obviously a Roast dinner, but weekdays and Saturdays offer a varied menu, showcasing the finest and best ingredients available.

Roast dinner was a real treat for me, as its something I cook the least as its too much faffing for 1, so Roast beef with all the trimmings was a fabulous birthday treat, followed by raspberry & pear crumble with
custard.... mmmm i'm salivating typing this just from the memory!
A lovely day was rounded off with an evening spent with Brother & Co having fun.

3 comments:

A garden just outside Venice said...

Happy belated Birhtday!
x

Archies Mum said...

Happy birthday for last week. Sounds like you had a lovely day just bimbling and chilling. Lovely pressies you got, I'm sure you'll enjoy eating and using them xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Looks like another fabulous birthday for you!

I'm exactly the same as you, I'll often cook a roast chicken but whenever I go out I always opt for roast beef as I rarely cook it for myself!

Victoria xxx

Sunday, 7 August 2011

Vintage Birthday treats......

Last Sunday saw me & bruv age another year!.... due to the efficiency of my team it was the first year I didn't have to work the whole weekend posting the financial half year results.... so a day in the sunshine was
planned.
The birthday fairy was very kind and granted me lots of wonderful things;including artisan du chocolate salted caramel goodies, cath kidston treats for the kitchen, cupcake makes & books and a box of pierre herme macarons.

With the day to myself and the sun shining I headed upto London to browse the Vintage fair on the southbank.


The stalls were fantastic, and the atmosphere and styling created a real trip down memory lane.

I loved all the vintage cases. I spent a couple of hours just walking around before heading along the southbank towards London Bridge, where I diverted off at Borough Market for a spot of lunch in Roast.

Roast has been on my wish list for a while and I can say it lived up to my expectations and more..... absolutely divine. Sited above the market it has fabulous views across the city and the market. Sundays special is obviously a Roast dinner, but weekdays and Saturdays offer a varied menu, showcasing the finest and best ingredients available.

Roast dinner was a real treat for me, as its something I cook the least as its too much faffing for 1, so Roast beef with all the trimmings was a fabulous birthday treat, followed by raspberry & pear crumble with
custard.... mmmm i'm salivating typing this just from the memory!
A lovely day was rounded off with an evening spent with Brother & Co having fun.

3 comments:

A garden just outside Venice said...

Happy belated Birhtday!
x

Archies Mum said...

Happy birthday for last week. Sounds like you had a lovely day just bimbling and chilling. Lovely pressies you got, I'm sure you'll enjoy eating and using them xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Looks like another fabulous birthday for you!

I'm exactly the same as you, I'll often cook a roast chicken but whenever I go out I always opt for roast beef as I rarely cook it for myself!

Victoria xxx