Sunday, 29 April 2012

Baking, blogging & books...

Is how I've spent my weekend... Hibernating at home and avoiding the rain! (which hasn't stopped for most of the weekend.)Can't believe it's nearly May and this week has resembled mid winter!
To brighten my morning I made some banana breakfast muffins (my version of Starbucks rise & shine muffins, which are my fav) recipe to follow.



Also this weekend I caught up on some blogs that I follow and some reading. One of the blogs that I follow is Chicklit Chloe and was intrigued to read Chloe's review of the book that is taking America and now the Uk by storm... The trilogy was number 1,2 & 3 in the book chart in sainsburys at the weekend.
I am of course talking about E.L.James ~ Fifty Shades of Grey. Here's Chloe's review



so Saturday I downloaded the book and can say that I get what all the noise is about, it is a great read. I never got the twilight thing, but get how this is being compared, because you get drawn to Christian immediately, in the same way that people got drawn to Edward. Yes it is sexually graphic, but it does fit the story, however the bigger story is Christian's and Ana's...
particularly Christians (Mr Fifty 's)
The cover is slick & stylish...Sales of grey ties increased by 500% in New York on release of this book, and yes it is relevant to the book...
Now looking forward to reading part 2!... although not sure is one for the tube!
Saving Jenny Colgans sweet shop of dreams for tomorrows commute
Hope you all had a lovely weekend x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Baking, blogging & books...

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Those muffins look really nice. I'm really intrigued by the book you have mentioned. I've not heard of it before but do actually fancy giving it a go. Thanks for another book review, love them.

Florence and Mary said...

I brought this book the other week and my friend has immediately pinched it!! She said she's about half way through at the moment so I should have it back and be able to start reading!!

Victoria xx

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Baking, blogging & books...

Is how I've spent my weekend... Hibernating at home and avoiding the rain! (which hasn't stopped for most of the weekend.)Can't believe it's nearly May and this week has resembled mid winter!
To brighten my morning I made some banana breakfast muffins (my version of Starbucks rise & shine muffins, which are my fav) recipe to follow.



Also this weekend I caught up on some blogs that I follow and some reading. One of the blogs that I follow is Chicklit Chloe and was intrigued to read Chloe's review of the book that is taking America and now the Uk by storm... The trilogy was number 1,2 & 3 in the book chart in sainsburys at the weekend.
I am of course talking about E.L.James ~ Fifty Shades of Grey. Here's Chloe's review



so Saturday I downloaded the book and can say that I get what all the noise is about, it is a great read. I never got the twilight thing, but get how this is being compared, because you get drawn to Christian immediately, in the same way that people got drawn to Edward. Yes it is sexually graphic, but it does fit the story, however the bigger story is Christian's and Ana's...
particularly Christians (Mr Fifty 's)
The cover is slick & stylish...Sales of grey ties increased by 500% in New York on release of this book, and yes it is relevant to the book...
Now looking forward to reading part 2!... although not sure is one for the tube!
Saving Jenny Colgans sweet shop of dreams for tomorrows commute
Hope you all had a lovely weekend x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Baking, blogging & books...

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Those muffins look really nice. I'm really intrigued by the book you have mentioned. I've not heard of it before but do actually fancy giving it a go. Thanks for another book review, love them.

Florence and Mary said...

I brought this book the other week and my friend has immediately pinched it!! She said she's about half way through at the moment so I should have it back and be able to start reading!!

Victoria xx