Friday, 16 August 2013

Birthday, Burgers & Beer

With Bestie... Is how I spent my birthday. After breakfast with twin I headed into work for a couple of hours before escaping and catching up my best friend J. This was the first time that we had seen each other in the flesh since meeting up in New York last year, so I was overjoyed that we managed to coordinate diaries and get together coincidentally on my birthday. J's is 6 days after mine so we always try to get together sometime in between the two dates.
With no real plan we ambled through the back roads of soho towards Covent Garden, tacking each others ears off!... It felt like we had seen each other yesterday instead of 7 months ago. We browsed a few shops and then stopped at Shake Shack for a couple of concretes, J opted for the Union Shake and I for the Drury Lane Jam... Both very yummy. The Shake shack ethos pretty much summed up our day! "Friends that eat Shack together stay together"
After a little bit more meandering we headed to Byrons on Drury lane for a burger, beer and more chatting & lots of laughter ... Loved the Well Done on J's burger... Commented that she should savour as she never got one at school!.. Too busy day dreaming and staring out if the window!!
A perfect day, sun shining, beer, burger & bestie... Best birthday present I could have wished for x

No comments:

Friday, 16 August 2013

Birthday, Burgers & Beer

With Bestie... Is how I spent my birthday. After breakfast with twin I headed into work for a couple of hours before escaping and catching up my best friend J. This was the first time that we had seen each other in the flesh since meeting up in New York last year, so I was overjoyed that we managed to coordinate diaries and get together coincidentally on my birthday. J's is 6 days after mine so we always try to get together sometime in between the two dates.
With no real plan we ambled through the back roads of soho towards Covent Garden, tacking each others ears off!... It felt like we had seen each other yesterday instead of 7 months ago. We browsed a few shops and then stopped at Shake Shack for a couple of concretes, J opted for the Union Shake and I for the Drury Lane Jam... Both very yummy. The Shake shack ethos pretty much summed up our day! "Friends that eat Shack together stay together"
After a little bit more meandering we headed to Byrons on Drury lane for a burger, beer and more chatting & lots of laughter ... Loved the Well Done on J's burger... Commented that she should savour as she never got one at school!.. Too busy day dreaming and staring out if the window!!
A perfect day, sun shining, beer, burger & bestie... Best birthday present I could have wished for x

No comments: