Sunday, 18 August 2013

This week...

Has been filled with coffee, cupcakes, birthdays & kittens!!!...
First of all thankyou or the lovely comments & tweets ref my recent post.. It seems that its not just the kittens that are fond of me!
Early this week my mum turned 70, so a batch of birthday cupcakes were baked, iced and delivered at 6.30am for the birthday lady, along with present and flowers. It was lovely to see her on her day if only briefly before I dashed off to work.
Also celebrating birthdays are my nephew and sis-in-law, their big days are next week, where they will celebrate them on holiday.
After a busy week dashing around I have had a chilled weekend. Saturday was filled with chores, & food shopping in the morning. This was broken up by an impromptu coffee with my mum who was also about at the same time. I was a little apprehensive as as much as I love her we don't have the best relationship. We stuck to neutral topics and had a really enjoyable hour catching up.. We came away we a promise to meet up again soon and as I walked away I thought if we can achieve this without killing each other then there is much hope for finding peace in Egypt!!
Saturday night was Indian supper with the golden girls who I haven't seen since July... It was lovely to see them and the added bonus was birthday treats for me... Book tokens & body shop treats.. Perfect for a little a pampering.
Those that follow me in Pinterest will see that I have started to pin some fashion styling pics, these are a collaboration of what I've been wearing that week. I've discovered a new little app which I am enjoying playing with on the sofa. I'm not the only one loving the sofa this weekend.
Fitz & Darcy have discovered the sofa, amongst lots of other things this week. I cannot sit down before they are clamouring all over me purring their heads off, before sleeping where ever they drop.
This week they have discovered the ironing board, and when propped up the wall makes a fabulous slide, scratching post and launching pad to jump on each other from ( i do know have to purchase a new ironing board cover!!) Also with all the birthday wrapping done this week, one will have to rethink her Christmas wrapping day as kittens, ribbon & wrap don't mix!... They have also discovered that the blind in the bathroom goes up and down via a cord and the toilet toll makes a fabulous toy & scratching post!!.. They have kept me amused and entertained this weekend.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hi Teresa thanks for popping by and leaving a comment on my wee blog. Hope all is well with you?
From you post it sounds as if you are a very busy lady just now.
Take care and crafty hugs, Erika.
P.S. Those cakes look fab. x

Sunday, 18 August 2013

This week...

Has been filled with coffee, cupcakes, birthdays & kittens!!!...
First of all thankyou or the lovely comments & tweets ref my recent post.. It seems that its not just the kittens that are fond of me!
Early this week my mum turned 70, so a batch of birthday cupcakes were baked, iced and delivered at 6.30am for the birthday lady, along with present and flowers. It was lovely to see her on her day if only briefly before I dashed off to work.
Also celebrating birthdays are my nephew and sis-in-law, their big days are next week, where they will celebrate them on holiday.
After a busy week dashing around I have had a chilled weekend. Saturday was filled with chores, & food shopping in the morning. This was broken up by an impromptu coffee with my mum who was also about at the same time. I was a little apprehensive as as much as I love her we don't have the best relationship. We stuck to neutral topics and had a really enjoyable hour catching up.. We came away we a promise to meet up again soon and as I walked away I thought if we can achieve this without killing each other then there is much hope for finding peace in Egypt!!
Saturday night was Indian supper with the golden girls who I haven't seen since July... It was lovely to see them and the added bonus was birthday treats for me... Book tokens & body shop treats.. Perfect for a little a pampering.
Those that follow me in Pinterest will see that I have started to pin some fashion styling pics, these are a collaboration of what I've been wearing that week. I've discovered a new little app which I am enjoying playing with on the sofa. I'm not the only one loving the sofa this weekend.
Fitz & Darcy have discovered the sofa, amongst lots of other things this week. I cannot sit down before they are clamouring all over me purring their heads off, before sleeping where ever they drop.
This week they have discovered the ironing board, and when propped up the wall makes a fabulous slide, scratching post and launching pad to jump on each other from ( i do know have to purchase a new ironing board cover!!) Also with all the birthday wrapping done this week, one will have to rethink her Christmas wrapping day as kittens, ribbon & wrap don't mix!... They have also discovered that the blind in the bathroom goes up and down via a cord and the toilet toll makes a fabulous toy & scratching post!!.. They have kept me amused and entertained this weekend.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hi Teresa thanks for popping by and leaving a comment on my wee blog. Hope all is well with you?
From you post it sounds as if you are a very busy lady just now.
Take care and crafty hugs, Erika.
P.S. Those cakes look fab. x