Sunday, 20 July 2014

4th July food treats

When you find yourself in London on the 4th July ambling around the city on a Literary adventure, then the only food treats to seek out are of and American influence. 
My morning started in Notting Hill where I stopped for a coffee and a gorgeous maple syrup infused  bacon sandwich in one of my favourite cafes ... Charlie's. I have blogged about this venue a couple of times and it is a little hidden gem in Portobello Road.
A short stroll to the top of Portobello Road I popped into Recipease  where 4th July celebrations were in full celebration.... Jamie's America book taking pride of place at the front of the store. The blueberry & cream cheese looked gorgeous and I grabbed a slice to take home with me ( I ate the following day and it was delicious, moist, full of flavour with gorgeous cream cheese frosting) Recipease is on my list of places to pop back to.   
  After a long walk it was time for a Shake stop! in Covent Garden.... this visit I opted for a shake dog, fries & a limited edition Blueberry Lemonade!.... oh my the lemonade was amazing, cool, sharp, complete with real blueberries... America in a cup!.
Late afternoon tea before I headed across the river to the Old Vic theatre was at the very cute Primrose bakery tucked down a side street just off of Covent Garden square. Here I savoured a coffee and a 4th July vanilla cupcake, which was moist, dense and the perfect treat to end a day of lots of walking!...
 
(I will blog the rest of my visit at this little cupcakery in a separate post as the décor was scrumptious on a summers day. )                
I had a gorgeous day exploring London on a Literary adventure and the American food treats just made the day better, with blue skies and sun shining it was one of the loveliest days I've had in ages, work free & very indulgent!

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

I want to tag along! Celebrating the 4th July any day sounds a good idea, if you celebrate it like that!
I've put 'falling cupcakes' on my blog, they are too cute!
Zxx

Sunday, 20 July 2014

4th July food treats

When you find yourself in London on the 4th July ambling around the city on a Literary adventure, then the only food treats to seek out are of and American influence. 
My morning started in Notting Hill where I stopped for a coffee and a gorgeous maple syrup infused  bacon sandwich in one of my favourite cafes ... Charlie's. I have blogged about this venue a couple of times and it is a little hidden gem in Portobello Road.
A short stroll to the top of Portobello Road I popped into Recipease  where 4th July celebrations were in full celebration.... Jamie's America book taking pride of place at the front of the store. The blueberry & cream cheese looked gorgeous and I grabbed a slice to take home with me ( I ate the following day and it was delicious, moist, full of flavour with gorgeous cream cheese frosting) Recipease is on my list of places to pop back to.   
  After a long walk it was time for a Shake stop! in Covent Garden.... this visit I opted for a shake dog, fries & a limited edition Blueberry Lemonade!.... oh my the lemonade was amazing, cool, sharp, complete with real blueberries... America in a cup!.
Late afternoon tea before I headed across the river to the Old Vic theatre was at the very cute Primrose bakery tucked down a side street just off of Covent Garden square. Here I savoured a coffee and a 4th July vanilla cupcake, which was moist, dense and the perfect treat to end a day of lots of walking!...
 
(I will blog the rest of my visit at this little cupcakery in a separate post as the décor was scrumptious on a summers day. )                
I had a gorgeous day exploring London on a Literary adventure and the American food treats just made the day better, with blue skies and sun shining it was one of the loveliest days I've had in ages, work free & very indulgent!

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

I want to tag along! Celebrating the 4th July any day sounds a good idea, if you celebrate it like that!
I've put 'falling cupcakes' on my blog, they are too cute!
Zxx