Tuesday, 29 July 2014

beauty treats

I don't often blog Beauty posts, and Selfies even less, however after 3 great beauty experiences of late I decided to share ...
Working in a department store like the one that I do, I have a host of amazing goodies, treats and indulgences at my finger-tips when the bank manager allows!
Last weekend on Sunday I had an invitation to a friends 65th birthday soiree, as I was working prior I made the decision to get a helping hand from work to get ready, before heading into the Essex countryside to the celebrations.
Nails
First stop was a much needed manicure at the Paint shop where I got some TLC to my nails and a coat of Tom Fords fabulous Viper polish... gorgeous. I love this colour polish, and have learnt that dark colours suit my nails much better than lights & brights.
The nail bar is perfect from the Express through to the Gel manicure, catering all options for lunchtime stops to leisurely visits.

Hair

The next stop for me was a quick blow-dry at Hershesons ...I've used this service a few times now and love it, I have long thick hair and the luxury of someone  styling it in half hour is just perfect for me. Maurice is my stylist of choice and is a master with the brush and dryer!
I recently had a colour refresh and really loving the red & purple slices that I've had added, these were showcased to their best from a 'big 'blow dry adding volume & curl. If I could I would get him do it every week!
Face
Final stop for me was a make-over. Day look for me is quite minimal, however needing a little lift I opted for a party make-over from Bobbi Brown. This was my first make-over from Bobbi and I really enjoyed it.
Favourite products used were the CC cream, and Long-wear even finish Foundation which were both gorgeous and now on my pay day buy list. Suffering with combination skin which is prone to shining, these 2 products combated this lots for me, and as I am always looking for the perfect foundation, this is definitely worth a try for me. Bobbi's concealer also worked miracles and has been added to wish list.
 I stuck with my Chanel waterproof mascara which completely works for me. This completely accentuated the glimmer sticks (Golden & Violet Plum used on my eyes, which worked miracles on making my eyes appear very blue! .. all framed with fabulous brows. My make-over stylist was Cesar who was fun, very knowledgeable and put me at ease which is much help for a novice. I left with a Pink Beige lipstick in my pocket which is the perfect nude from day to night, perfect for touch-ups during the night.
My make-over was complete with the perfect handbag accessory for the evening which was a Victoria Beckham clutch, complete with Lanvin pouch and a little beauty help from Chanel, Bobbi, & Tom Ford... delicious.
 
All services are available from Selfridges and can be booked at the following;

Hair - Hershesons blow dry bar
Make-up - bookings currently available via the Bobbi Brown app (coming to Selfridges website soon)



1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Lovely to 'see' you again, honey.
Lookin' beauts too!
That Viper is a wild one. At the mo I've got the Mariah Carey minis on my fingers; 2 glittery goldy ones (my faves and brilliant coverage), a burgundy and a pewter one, which is rather nice. 6 quid in TK Maxx yesterday. Love the hair colours, very lush.
Recently started trying out Bobbi B and rather like it.
Zxx

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

beauty treats

I don't often blog Beauty posts, and Selfies even less, however after 3 great beauty experiences of late I decided to share ...
Working in a department store like the one that I do, I have a host of amazing goodies, treats and indulgences at my finger-tips when the bank manager allows!
Last weekend on Sunday I had an invitation to a friends 65th birthday soiree, as I was working prior I made the decision to get a helping hand from work to get ready, before heading into the Essex countryside to the celebrations.
Nails
First stop was a much needed manicure at the Paint shop where I got some TLC to my nails and a coat of Tom Fords fabulous Viper polish... gorgeous. I love this colour polish, and have learnt that dark colours suit my nails much better than lights & brights.
The nail bar is perfect from the Express through to the Gel manicure, catering all options for lunchtime stops to leisurely visits.

Hair

The next stop for me was a quick blow-dry at Hershesons ...I've used this service a few times now and love it, I have long thick hair and the luxury of someone  styling it in half hour is just perfect for me. Maurice is my stylist of choice and is a master with the brush and dryer!
I recently had a colour refresh and really loving the red & purple slices that I've had added, these were showcased to their best from a 'big 'blow dry adding volume & curl. If I could I would get him do it every week!
Face
Final stop for me was a make-over. Day look for me is quite minimal, however needing a little lift I opted for a party make-over from Bobbi Brown. This was my first make-over from Bobbi and I really enjoyed it.
Favourite products used were the CC cream, and Long-wear even finish Foundation which were both gorgeous and now on my pay day buy list. Suffering with combination skin which is prone to shining, these 2 products combated this lots for me, and as I am always looking for the perfect foundation, this is definitely worth a try for me. Bobbi's concealer also worked miracles and has been added to wish list.
 I stuck with my Chanel waterproof mascara which completely works for me. This completely accentuated the glimmer sticks (Golden & Violet Plum used on my eyes, which worked miracles on making my eyes appear very blue! .. all framed with fabulous brows. My make-over stylist was Cesar who was fun, very knowledgeable and put me at ease which is much help for a novice. I left with a Pink Beige lipstick in my pocket which is the perfect nude from day to night, perfect for touch-ups during the night.
My make-over was complete with the perfect handbag accessory for the evening which was a Victoria Beckham clutch, complete with Lanvin pouch and a little beauty help from Chanel, Bobbi, & Tom Ford... delicious.
 
All services are available from Selfridges and can be booked at the following;

Hair - Hershesons blow dry bar
Make-up - bookings currently available via the Bobbi Brown app (coming to Selfridges website soon)



1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Lovely to 'see' you again, honey.
Lookin' beauts too!
That Viper is a wild one. At the mo I've got the Mariah Carey minis on my fingers; 2 glittery goldy ones (my faves and brilliant coverage), a burgundy and a pewter one, which is rather nice. 6 quid in TK Maxx yesterday. Love the hair colours, very lush.
Recently started trying out Bobbi B and rather like it.
Zxx