Wednesday, 16 July 2014

A Literary day in London .... chapter 1

A couple of weeks ago saw me spend a lovely day exploring London. This was my last day off for a couple of weeks, so I ignored the housework and headed into London to enjoy a day of exploration.
The day turned into a bit of an unexpected Literary fest, which is too big of a novel to blog in one post so I have  split it into chapters.
Chapter 1 - Notting Hill
My day started in Notting Hill where I ambled around the side streets before exploring the sights and sounds of Portobello Road.
This is one of my favourite parts of London, which was showcased to its finest in the summer sunshine.
Notting Hill features I many of my favourite reads in recent years; Christmas at Claridges ~ Karen Swan, and the fabulous From Notting Hill series by Ali McNamara. The Notting Hill movie is now 15 years old, but I appears the love affair with the movie and area is still a huge draw and still brings lots of tourists to the streets.
Here are a few photos of some of the famous sights from the movie, including the big door, the Curzon cinema, the book shop and the coffee corner.
Walking through the market in the sunshine was gorgeous and the wares on sale from the market traders were as eclectic as you would expect from this famous market. With the sun shining in the sky, the hat man was doing a roaring trade. I loved the vintage cake stand stall along with the collection of cameras from the adjacent stall.
It was just lovely strolling along the colourful streets and glimpsing into peoples lives from this area. I love the hidden gardens and mews in and around this area. Perfect part of the city and worth any page in a book.
to be continued tomorrow with chapter 2.......


No comments:

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

A Literary day in London .... chapter 1

A couple of weeks ago saw me spend a lovely day exploring London. This was my last day off for a couple of weeks, so I ignored the housework and headed into London to enjoy a day of exploration.
The day turned into a bit of an unexpected Literary fest, which is too big of a novel to blog in one post so I have  split it into chapters.
Chapter 1 - Notting Hill
My day started in Notting Hill where I ambled around the side streets before exploring the sights and sounds of Portobello Road.
This is one of my favourite parts of London, which was showcased to its finest in the summer sunshine.
Notting Hill features I many of my favourite reads in recent years; Christmas at Claridges ~ Karen Swan, and the fabulous From Notting Hill series by Ali McNamara. The Notting Hill movie is now 15 years old, but I appears the love affair with the movie and area is still a huge draw and still brings lots of tourists to the streets.
Here are a few photos of some of the famous sights from the movie, including the big door, the Curzon cinema, the book shop and the coffee corner.
Walking through the market in the sunshine was gorgeous and the wares on sale from the market traders were as eclectic as you would expect from this famous market. With the sun shining in the sky, the hat man was doing a roaring trade. I loved the vintage cake stand stall along with the collection of cameras from the adjacent stall.
It was just lovely strolling along the colourful streets and glimpsing into peoples lives from this area. I love the hidden gardens and mews in and around this area. Perfect part of the city and worth any page in a book.
to be continued tomorrow with chapter 2.......


No comments: