Monday, 25 August 2014

Books about Town ~ City Trail

This Summer Books have featured a lot in my 'down time' ... the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and loose yourself in an adventure, mystery or love story.  Books have always been my way of escaping and from an early age always had my head in a book. This may be some of the reasons as to why I have loved the book about town trails across London this summer... it brings out the child in me! Here is  my adventures from
With an hour to spare I recently spent some time exploring some of the city trail.

Starting at the Tower of London I snapped Katie at London which is displayed looking onto the Tower. This is a fun bench filled with majestic lions, marching soldiers and gorgeous bright colours ... With a perfect backdrop of the Tower and the red poppies. I am sure its been one of the most photographed bench with all the visits to the tower.




Walking away from the Tower toward the heart of the City of London and the Bank district, 2 benches are located in close proximity to themselves in the shadows of The Bank of England. Both I think placed with a touch of irony and fun!... Wind in the Willows and The Stormbreaker.
Wind in the Willows has a fun waterway scene on the front and the travelling scene on the back.... nestled amongst the pages is Toad in jail... a reminder to us all what greed can do!
Stormbreaker is a vivid blue & black with codes and Alex Rider looking very cool on the front. ... a reminder to all that good overcomes evil, whatever the age! and maybe there is a secret agent in all of us..
My next stop on my book trail was St Pauls Cathedral... here I knew a number of benches had been planted in the surrounding gardens.
My first find was the Children's classic Peter Pan... which is just delightful. From Peter soaring above the city, to duelling with Hook.
With St Pauls as its backdrop it is a gorgeous setting for one of Children and adult's alike literary favourites

Along from Peter Pan is one of the most popular male fiction of the last decade... Nick Hornby and his football classic Fever Pitch... in pitch classic green and Nick's iconic Arsenal colours its a simple designed bench... as you can see from the photo's a couple of city gents were making the most of the good weather whilst I was photographing the surroundings!
Adjacent to St Pauls churchyard and in the shadows of the majestic cathedral sits Mary Poppins... this bench has been much loved and had a little damage when I visited. I am pleased to see that on a visit over the weekend it has been restored to its finer glory. The bench is simple in design but whilst I was there drew lots of crowds from little children who were delighted over it. No surprise to find this bench in this vicinity as its where the iconic Feed the Birds was featured in the film.
Finally I ended up in Paternoster Square where Bridget Jones Diary resides in all its red glory...... featuring Bridget laying on the sofa surrounded by everything we love and associate with her... Christmas jumper, take-out, chocolate and of course her beloved diary...

I thoroughly enjoyed my mini city trail... I know that I didn't get to see all the benches but I accomplished a lot in the hour that I had free... here's my chapter on the Bloomsbury trail.... pop back soon when I share my River trail chapter.
More information of the book benches can be found here.
 


No comments:

Monday, 25 August 2014

Books about Town ~ City Trail

This Summer Books have featured a lot in my 'down time' ... the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and loose yourself in an adventure, mystery or love story.  Books have always been my way of escaping and from an early age always had my head in a book. This may be some of the reasons as to why I have loved the book about town trails across London this summer... it brings out the child in me! Here is  my adventures from
With an hour to spare I recently spent some time exploring some of the city trail.

Starting at the Tower of London I snapped Katie at London which is displayed looking onto the Tower. This is a fun bench filled with majestic lions, marching soldiers and gorgeous bright colours ... With a perfect backdrop of the Tower and the red poppies. I am sure its been one of the most photographed bench with all the visits to the tower.




Walking away from the Tower toward the heart of the City of London and the Bank district, 2 benches are located in close proximity to themselves in the shadows of The Bank of England. Both I think placed with a touch of irony and fun!... Wind in the Willows and The Stormbreaker.
Wind in the Willows has a fun waterway scene on the front and the travelling scene on the back.... nestled amongst the pages is Toad in jail... a reminder to us all what greed can do!
Stormbreaker is a vivid blue & black with codes and Alex Rider looking very cool on the front. ... a reminder to all that good overcomes evil, whatever the age! and maybe there is a secret agent in all of us..
My next stop on my book trail was St Pauls Cathedral... here I knew a number of benches had been planted in the surrounding gardens.
My first find was the Children's classic Peter Pan... which is just delightful. From Peter soaring above the city, to duelling with Hook.
With St Pauls as its backdrop it is a gorgeous setting for one of Children and adult's alike literary favourites

Along from Peter Pan is one of the most popular male fiction of the last decade... Nick Hornby and his football classic Fever Pitch... in pitch classic green and Nick's iconic Arsenal colours its a simple designed bench... as you can see from the photo's a couple of city gents were making the most of the good weather whilst I was photographing the surroundings!
Adjacent to St Pauls churchyard and in the shadows of the majestic cathedral sits Mary Poppins... this bench has been much loved and had a little damage when I visited. I am pleased to see that on a visit over the weekend it has been restored to its finer glory. The bench is simple in design but whilst I was there drew lots of crowds from little children who were delighted over it. No surprise to find this bench in this vicinity as its where the iconic Feed the Birds was featured in the film.
Finally I ended up in Paternoster Square where Bridget Jones Diary resides in all its red glory...... featuring Bridget laying on the sofa surrounded by everything we love and associate with her... Christmas jumper, take-out, chocolate and of course her beloved diary...

I thoroughly enjoyed my mini city trail... I know that I didn't get to see all the benches but I accomplished a lot in the hour that I had free... here's my chapter on the Bloomsbury trail.... pop back soon when I share my River trail chapter.
More information of the book benches can be found here.
 


No comments: