Friday, 29 August 2014

Summer in the City ~ St Pauls

Last Sunday I took some time out to enjoy what now feels like the last rays of the summer, and me and my camera spent it exploring London. Part of my day featured St Pauls.... I sat outside on one of the benches in the gardens and listened to the choir singing and enjoyed just relaxing in the summer sunshine.
St Pauls is in my top 10 favourite parts of London, it's iconic cathedral dome sits proud against the back drop of the city skyline an icon of our capital.
The surrounding grounds have been developed over the years and now feature family friendly and relaxing places to sit, picnic and enjoy the nature around.
Currently within the cathedral grounds, a bed of wildflower's and poppies have replaced their normal structured flower bed.... an homage to the WW1 memorials currently sited across the city.
Sited opposite the Cathedral on the pathway to the millennium bridge is a fabulous memorial to the Blitz, which St Pauls famously survived.

I have visited this lovely space often during the summer and enjoyed my time around here.... even had some selfie fun with the artwork around the site.

No comments:

Friday, 29 August 2014

Summer in the City ~ St Pauls

Last Sunday I took some time out to enjoy what now feels like the last rays of the summer, and me and my camera spent it exploring London. Part of my day featured St Pauls.... I sat outside on one of the benches in the gardens and listened to the choir singing and enjoyed just relaxing in the summer sunshine.
St Pauls is in my top 10 favourite parts of London, it's iconic cathedral dome sits proud against the back drop of the city skyline an icon of our capital.
The surrounding grounds have been developed over the years and now feature family friendly and relaxing places to sit, picnic and enjoy the nature around.
Currently within the cathedral grounds, a bed of wildflower's and poppies have replaced their normal structured flower bed.... an homage to the WW1 memorials currently sited across the city.
Sited opposite the Cathedral on the pathway to the millennium bridge is a fabulous memorial to the Blitz, which St Pauls famously survived.

I have visited this lovely space often during the summer and enjoyed my time around here.... even had some selfie fun with the artwork around the site.

No comments: