Saturday, 2 August 2014

# Project Life ~ July

Wow July was a busy month, didn't realise quite how much I had done until I started to collage my Instagram shots and look back on my iPhone photo library. I now have a lengthy "To Blog" list.
Here's what my July has been filled with:-

Park Life : July has been filled with glorious sunshine, like summers of childhood's gone by. Between work schedules and a big project travelling back and forth to Birmingham I have tried to make the most of London's parks. I love the feel of the cool grass beneath my feet, lazing in the shade watching the world stroll by and reading my kindle.
Train Life : I've spent a lot of July on the Virgin pendolino travelling back & forth to Birmingham to our warehouse installing a new system which has been quite demanding. The weekday breakfast is much welcome at 6.23 each day, however the weekend breakfast box was much fun.... felt like Paddington Bear!
Tour De France: The Tour came to the Uk and it seems that cycling is now one of the most popular sports, recreation & commuting activities to get involved in. I am surrounded by cyclists at work, so was kept upto date with every stage, tactic and riders stats! London, Essex & Cambridge came to a halt for the day to welcome the riders through the lanes and roads of the counties, with huge support and spectatorship.
Essex Countryside; When closer to home I spent time with friends and enjoyed a couple of leisurely lunches and walks in "Towie" land. I met a new friend, this peacock to a shine to my friend & I when we visited a local craft barn and followed us everywhere.
Birkenstocks: These are my summer must, I never wore flip flops or open toe shoes until I discovered Birkenstocks and now have 9 pairs across a rainbow of colours. They are perfect for my tube commute through to throwing on with a pair of linen trousers at the weekend. Favourites for this year are black patent, orange, turquoise & lime green.
4th July: I had a fabulous day off on the 4th July where I spent the day exploring London on a bit of a literary fest... it featured Notting Hill, Book Benches,  the gorgeous Richard Armitage and cupcakes!
Christmas!... yes I am typing Christmas, spent a very hot day in July at the Selfridges Christmas press show, be prepared for more Christmas posts in August... this year its all about personalisation, bespoke, gold & green.... watch this space!

As July moves nearer to August it also means that I get another year older!... thankfully I get to share this with my twin brother, so the morning started with an early breakfast with the G family. I got some lovely presents and will share throughout August how I spent some of my day... which included a visit to the Tower, more fun with London's book benches and a gorgeous indulgent treat at The Pudding Bar.  I did get the chance to pull together some birthday bakes... the red velvet fruit cup and the chocolate malteaser crunch were both a big hit a work.
The Kits have been with me a year now and the weather has proved a little tiring  for them both. The bathroom is the cooldown zone for them. The window sill is a favourite resting post for them both, along with the bath tub.
So as we say goodbye to July... here's to a glorious August, here's some of the blog posts planned for August.
Along with the regular slots, I will also be sharing some of the following:
  • Bakery & Biscuit treats from Primrose & Biscuiteers
  • Books about Town
  • The Pudding Bar
  • Mr Selfridge adventures
  • Birthday treats
  • Things to look forward to for the rest of 2014.
  • Christmas in July

No comments:

Saturday, 2 August 2014

# Project Life ~ July

Wow July was a busy month, didn't realise quite how much I had done until I started to collage my Instagram shots and look back on my iPhone photo library. I now have a lengthy "To Blog" list.
Here's what my July has been filled with:-

Park Life : July has been filled with glorious sunshine, like summers of childhood's gone by. Between work schedules and a big project travelling back and forth to Birmingham I have tried to make the most of London's parks. I love the feel of the cool grass beneath my feet, lazing in the shade watching the world stroll by and reading my kindle.
Train Life : I've spent a lot of July on the Virgin pendolino travelling back & forth to Birmingham to our warehouse installing a new system which has been quite demanding. The weekday breakfast is much welcome at 6.23 each day, however the weekend breakfast box was much fun.... felt like Paddington Bear!
Tour De France: The Tour came to the Uk and it seems that cycling is now one of the most popular sports, recreation & commuting activities to get involved in. I am surrounded by cyclists at work, so was kept upto date with every stage, tactic and riders stats! London, Essex & Cambridge came to a halt for the day to welcome the riders through the lanes and roads of the counties, with huge support and spectatorship.
Essex Countryside; When closer to home I spent time with friends and enjoyed a couple of leisurely lunches and walks in "Towie" land. I met a new friend, this peacock to a shine to my friend & I when we visited a local craft barn and followed us everywhere.
Birkenstocks: These are my summer must, I never wore flip flops or open toe shoes until I discovered Birkenstocks and now have 9 pairs across a rainbow of colours. They are perfect for my tube commute through to throwing on with a pair of linen trousers at the weekend. Favourites for this year are black patent, orange, turquoise & lime green.
4th July: I had a fabulous day off on the 4th July where I spent the day exploring London on a bit of a literary fest... it featured Notting Hill, Book Benches,  the gorgeous Richard Armitage and cupcakes!
Christmas!... yes I am typing Christmas, spent a very hot day in July at the Selfridges Christmas press show, be prepared for more Christmas posts in August... this year its all about personalisation, bespoke, gold & green.... watch this space!

As July moves nearer to August it also means that I get another year older!... thankfully I get to share this with my twin brother, so the morning started with an early breakfast with the G family. I got some lovely presents and will share throughout August how I spent some of my day... which included a visit to the Tower, more fun with London's book benches and a gorgeous indulgent treat at The Pudding Bar.  I did get the chance to pull together some birthday bakes... the red velvet fruit cup and the chocolate malteaser crunch were both a big hit a work.
The Kits have been with me a year now and the weather has proved a little tiring  for them both. The bathroom is the cooldown zone for them. The window sill is a favourite resting post for them both, along with the bath tub.
So as we say goodbye to July... here's to a glorious August, here's some of the blog posts planned for August.
Along with the regular slots, I will also be sharing some of the following:
  • Bakery & Biscuit treats from Primrose & Biscuiteers
  • Books about Town
  • The Pudding Bar
  • Mr Selfridge adventures
  • Birthday treats
  • Things to look forward to for the rest of 2014.
  • Christmas in July

No comments: