The Poppies at the Tower have touched so many this year and have the ability to span generations.... it has been one of my favourite things to see and do during the past 5 months. My heart aches when I visit and I so wish my Nan and Gramps would have seen it, they would have loved it and would have been so proud.
Remembrance weekend is always a difficult weekend for me, I miss my grandparents every day, but I always feel it the most this weekend. We always watched the Remembrance service both from the Albert Hall and the Cenotaph together, attending church parade together when I was younger,This morning, my mum and I visited the cemetery for some quiet contemplation.....
So today I wear my poppy with pride, and remember all the sacrifices made....
- Remembering the heroes
- Poppies at the Tower ~ 3 posts documenting the evolving installation
- Westminster memorial Gardens
- 5 favourite memorial sites in London.
No comments:
Post a Comment