Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Paddington has arrived in London

Way back in June I shared my excitement of the news that Paddington would be heading to the big screen for Christmas.... there has seen some changes since the 1st trailer with BenWishaw  replacing Colin Firth as the voice of Paddington.
I also shared that I had some things that I needed to keep under my hat... I can reveal that Paddington is also taking centre (more like corner) stage in Sefridges on Oxford Street with his own curiosity shop and windows.
Back in 1956 on Christmas Eve, Michael Bond was shopping in Selfridges Oxford Street, when he spied a lone bear sitting on a shelf in the Toy shop. He purchased he bear and took him home to his wife, where they named him Paddington ... this little bear became the influence of so many books written by Mr Bond over the years. Within the Curiosity shop, sits the original typewriter that Michael wrote the books on and also some of the costumes from the forthcoming film.
3 of the windows have had a Paddington takeover, complete with train track, lost & found post and trunks and marmalade galore.
The pinnacle being a golden taxi, covered with marmalade and a golden bear (designed by Kate Moss for the Paddington Trail)
The Paddington Trail will come to life across London this week, where 50 specially designed Paddingtons will be sited for children and adults to find across the winter holiday season. I look forward to spending some time finding these!.... minature versions of some of the bears will be available in the paddington curiosity shop.
Having seen the 2nd trailer of the film this week I am looking forward to seeing the film in December
Along with many gorgeous bears, the curiosity shop also houses some gorgeous bear essentials.... including some very special golden labeled marmalade and buttered marmalade popcorn. The perfect accompaniment for bears and santa!
pop back for more paddington adventures over the holiday season....

1 comment:

Iola Moore said...

Teresa thank you so much for posting this info. I'm so excited as my friend and I are having our girly weekend in London again very soon and I can't wait to try and find some of the paddingtons. And as for the buttery marmalade popcorn, I'm hoping to get a bag for me and for mum. Thanks again :)

Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Paddington has arrived in London

Way back in June I shared my excitement of the news that Paddington would be heading to the big screen for Christmas.... there has seen some changes since the 1st trailer with BenWishaw  replacing Colin Firth as the voice of Paddington.
I also shared that I had some things that I needed to keep under my hat... I can reveal that Paddington is also taking centre (more like corner) stage in Sefridges on Oxford Street with his own curiosity shop and windows.
Back in 1956 on Christmas Eve, Michael Bond was shopping in Selfridges Oxford Street, when he spied a lone bear sitting on a shelf in the Toy shop. He purchased he bear and took him home to his wife, where they named him Paddington ... this little bear became the influence of so many books written by Mr Bond over the years. Within the Curiosity shop, sits the original typewriter that Michael wrote the books on and also some of the costumes from the forthcoming film.
3 of the windows have had a Paddington takeover, complete with train track, lost & found post and trunks and marmalade galore.
The pinnacle being a golden taxi, covered with marmalade and a golden bear (designed by Kate Moss for the Paddington Trail)
The Paddington Trail will come to life across London this week, where 50 specially designed Paddingtons will be sited for children and adults to find across the winter holiday season. I look forward to spending some time finding these!.... minature versions of some of the bears will be available in the paddington curiosity shop.
Having seen the 2nd trailer of the film this week I am looking forward to seeing the film in December
Along with many gorgeous bears, the curiosity shop also houses some gorgeous bear essentials.... including some very special golden labeled marmalade and buttered marmalade popcorn. The perfect accompaniment for bears and santa!
pop back for more paddington adventures over the holiday season....

1 comment:

Iola Moore said...

Teresa thank you so much for posting this info. I'm so excited as my friend and I are having our girly weekend in London again very soon and I can't wait to try and find some of the paddingtons. And as for the buttery marmalade popcorn, I'm hoping to get a bag for me and for mum. Thanks again :)