Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Baked in New York

One of the things that I enjoy about planning a trip to NY is thinking about what I am going to eat!... Food is a big part of the city and that has evolved significantly in the years that I have been going. New York is the home of the cupcake and baked goodies and cupcake bakeries are popular within the city. Last year I was thrilled to see that Brooklyn Baker (a favourite on Instagram) was opening a 2nd venue of Baked within Manhattan. Baked had been on my "To Eat" list for sometime, but I had never managed to get to the Brooklyn store on previous visits.
Opening in the Tribeca area I knew that I would be able to add it my itinerary. On the day I visited it was cold, damp and drizzly, so a coffee and a sweet treat were much needed.
The store is beautifully styled in signature hues of wood, and orange which is incredibly warming and inviting.
The cake options are vast and I opted for a cup of Joe and a slice of Egg Nog cheesecake !... oh my!! This cheesecake ticked every box on my Christmas senses and if I could have boxed some up and bought it home I would have! - alas I'm not sure that the customs man would have allowed it. I did pick up one of the Baked books and look forward to picking up some more goodies when I visit in December.






As you can see the sweet options are varied from layer cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars and pastries and really do promise to take you to caketopia. The ambience is relaxed and the team were super helpful and friendly and would recommend a visit to this little store of loveliness.
On my forthcoming visit my hotel is not too far from Baked and I am planning on a breakfast visit along with a cake stop. If this has wetted your appetite for some NY eats, then check out these calorie free treats from previous visits across the pond. ... enjoy.

No comments:

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Baked in New York

One of the things that I enjoy about planning a trip to NY is thinking about what I am going to eat!... Food is a big part of the city and that has evolved significantly in the years that I have been going. New York is the home of the cupcake and baked goodies and cupcake bakeries are popular within the city. Last year I was thrilled to see that Brooklyn Baker (a favourite on Instagram) was opening a 2nd venue of Baked within Manhattan. Baked had been on my "To Eat" list for sometime, but I had never managed to get to the Brooklyn store on previous visits.
Opening in the Tribeca area I knew that I would be able to add it my itinerary. On the day I visited it was cold, damp and drizzly, so a coffee and a sweet treat were much needed.
The store is beautifully styled in signature hues of wood, and orange which is incredibly warming and inviting.
The cake options are vast and I opted for a cup of Joe and a slice of Egg Nog cheesecake !... oh my!! This cheesecake ticked every box on my Christmas senses and if I could have boxed some up and bought it home I would have! - alas I'm not sure that the customs man would have allowed it. I did pick up one of the Baked books and look forward to picking up some more goodies when I visit in December.






As you can see the sweet options are varied from layer cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars and pastries and really do promise to take you to caketopia. The ambience is relaxed and the team were super helpful and friendly and would recommend a visit to this little store of loveliness.
On my forthcoming visit my hotel is not too far from Baked and I am planning on a breakfast visit along with a cake stop. If this has wetted your appetite for some NY eats, then check out these calorie free treats from previous visits across the pond. ... enjoy.

No comments: