Sunday, 15 November 2015

Seasonal sights on the Lower West side...

Eeek halfway through November and the New York planning has stepped up a gear. I do feel a little disorganised this year but I am sure I will get everything done on my list and in my head!
This year I am staying down in the meatpacking / greenwich village location, which is new for me; I've always stayed in and around either the mid-town / central park location,  looking forward to exploring this area in a little more detail.
Last year when visiting and walking around the village it was lovely to see some of the houses still in Thanksgiving / Autumn mode and others that had decorated for Christmas.

Pumpkins and cabbages are a lovely way to decorate the steps and porches of the village during thanksgiving week, which then moves into door wreaths and mini trees and lots of lovely fairy lights.
My last 2 visits to New York I have made sure that I visit the Highline; The Highline is park / recreation area that stretches several blocks along the river elevated on an old disused railway track.
Here it is on a previous visit. I'm thrilled that my hotel is a couple of streets from this glorious space and I'm sure that I will spend some time here on my forthcoming visit.
One of the many things that I love about New York during the Holiday Season is the Christmas tree sites that pop up on the corner of streets.
As you can see the Lower west side of New York has lots to offer and I can't wait to get there to explore!....

No comments:

Sunday, 15 November 2015

Seasonal sights on the Lower West side...

Eeek halfway through November and the New York planning has stepped up a gear. I do feel a little disorganised this year but I am sure I will get everything done on my list and in my head!
This year I am staying down in the meatpacking / greenwich village location, which is new for me; I've always stayed in and around either the mid-town / central park location,  looking forward to exploring this area in a little more detail.
Last year when visiting and walking around the village it was lovely to see some of the houses still in Thanksgiving / Autumn mode and others that had decorated for Christmas.

Pumpkins and cabbages are a lovely way to decorate the steps and porches of the village during thanksgiving week, which then moves into door wreaths and mini trees and lots of lovely fairy lights.
My last 2 visits to New York I have made sure that I visit the Highline; The Highline is park / recreation area that stretches several blocks along the river elevated on an old disused railway track.
Here it is on a previous visit. I'm thrilled that my hotel is a couple of streets from this glorious space and I'm sure that I will spend some time here on my forthcoming visit.
One of the many things that I love about New York during the Holiday Season is the Christmas tree sites that pop up on the corner of streets.
As you can see the Lower west side of New York has lots to offer and I can't wait to get there to explore!....

No comments: