Whilst in New York I sought out Sweet Revenge for a spot of late lunch/early dinner. For those not familiar with Sweet Revenge it's a Bar that serves Very big cupcakes accompanied with wine or Beer!...the menu even recommends drinks to complement the cupcake. The concept & bar is the brainchild of Marlo Scott.
The bar is small but incredibly inviting and I happily sat and consumed lunch, beer, cupcake & wine over a couple of hours looking out on the street. The team are really friendly and even sitting on my own, I didn't feel awkward or rushed. For lunch I had Bacho & verde ~ bacon, avocado, granny smith apple, & mesclum greens in a wrap (mesclum greens - green salad, cranberries, chipotle pumpkin seeds with a balsamic dressing - absolutely delicious) followed by a crimson & cream cupcake.
This was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever tasted, with cream cheese and raspberry frosting. The savoury cupcakes looked equally as tasty, croque Monsieur &
This is a fabulous place and is on my MUST RETURN list for New York. Found on Carmine street nearest subway Houston street.....If only they would franchise in London!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, 24 June 2011
Sweet Revenge
Whilst in New York I sought out Sweet Revenge for a spot of late lunch/early dinner. For those not familiar with Sweet Revenge it's a Bar that serves Very big cupcakes accompanied with wine or Beer!...the menu even recommends drinks to complement the cupcake. The concept & bar is the brainchild of Marlo Scott.
The bar is small but incredibly inviting and I happily sat and consumed lunch, beer, cupcake & wine over a couple of hours looking out on the street. The team are really friendly and even sitting on my own, I didn't feel awkward or rushed. For lunch I had Bacho & verde ~ bacon, avocado, granny smith apple, & mesclum greens in a wrap (mesclum greens - green salad, cranberries, chipotle pumpkin seeds with a balsamic dressing - absolutely delicious) followed by a crimson & cream cupcake.
This was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever tasted, with cream cheese and raspberry frosting. The savoury cupcakes looked equally as tasty, croque Monsieur &
This is a fabulous place and is on my MUST RETURN list for New York. Found on Carmine street nearest subway Houston street.....If only they would franchise in London!
The bar is small but incredibly inviting and I happily sat and consumed lunch, beer, cupcake & wine over a couple of hours looking out on the street. The team are really friendly and even sitting on my own, I didn't feel awkward or rushed. For lunch I had Bacho & verde ~ bacon, avocado, granny smith apple, & mesclum greens in a wrap (mesclum greens - green salad, cranberries, chipotle pumpkin seeds with a balsamic dressing - absolutely delicious) followed by a crimson & cream cupcake.
This was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever tasted, with cream cheese and raspberry frosting. The savoury cupcakes looked equally as tasty, croque Monsieur &
This is a fabulous place and is on my MUST RETURN list for New York. Found on Carmine street nearest subway Houston street.....If only they would franchise in London!
2 comments:
- Archies Mum said...
-
Wow that place looks amazing, and those cakes look so yummy. You are really good at finding unusual places, I'm presuming you do a lot of research before you go away.
-
26 June 2011 at 16:08
- Victoria - Florence and Mary said...
-
Cupcake and wine - fabulous combo!
Victoria xx -
26 June 2011 at 22:04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that place looks amazing, and those cakes look so yummy. You are really good at finding unusual places, I'm presuming you do a lot of research before you go away.
Cupcake and wine - fabulous combo!
Victoria xx
Post a Comment