Friday, 10 June 2011

Here Come the Boys!......

day 4 in New York just got better and better as the day progressed, weather was glorious the Fleet had sailed in! and the Boys in uniform were allowed to disembark!!!..... Hello Sailor!
After an evening stroll in Central Park, I headed up towards Times Square, where the boys were out to play!... So many were being stopped and asked for pictures to be taken... how could I not join in!.


over the next couple of days numerous events took place in Times Square and throughout New York, sand building sculptures, marine bands, tug-of war as well as the opportunity to board the naval ships docked at Pier 88 and Staten Island .


Loved the Sailor offering Free Hugs.... how cute!
Fleetweek was an unexpected surprise for my trip... next time will be sure to stay a little longer when the sailors are in town!!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I know when I'm booking my next trip to NY!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Oh my, there is just something about a man in uniform. Did you feel like you were in Sex and the City. I don't know how you kept a steady hand when you took those photos lol ;)

Friday, 10 June 2011

Here Come the Boys!......

day 4 in New York just got better and better as the day progressed, weather was glorious the Fleet had sailed in! and the Boys in uniform were allowed to disembark!!!..... Hello Sailor!
After an evening stroll in Central Park, I headed up towards Times Square, where the boys were out to play!... So many were being stopped and asked for pictures to be taken... how could I not join in!.


over the next couple of days numerous events took place in Times Square and throughout New York, sand building sculptures, marine bands, tug-of war as well as the opportunity to board the naval ships docked at Pier 88 and Staten Island .


Loved the Sailor offering Free Hugs.... how cute!
Fleetweek was an unexpected surprise for my trip... next time will be sure to stay a little longer when the sailors are in town!!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I know when I'm booking my next trip to NY!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Oh my, there is just something about a man in uniform. Did you feel like you were in Sex and the City. I don't know how you kept a steady hand when you took those photos lol ;)